Welcome Home?

"Dabin! How's everything going?"

I heard a soft chuckle on the other end of our FaceTime call, "Everything's great, princess. Why are you still awake?"

It was currently 12am here, which must mean that it was about noon in Korea, "Meh, I'm not even tired. Do you have any plans today?"

"Nope, just staying home, relaxing, and probably gonna read."

On my laptop screen, I saw that she was in her bedroom - curtains drawn away from the windows, brilliant white walls, and a bunch of colourful posters ranging from One Piece to puppies hung behind her. What an adorable dork.

Just then, I heard little... yapping? Suddenly, Yeonwoo flashes a huge smile and disappears from the screen.

"Ya Dabin, you okay?" On the other end, I heard some ruffling and Yeonwoo whispering ya, get over here!

Then, I heard her bubbly voice, "Nancy... I'd like you to meet... Chubz!" She dramatically jumps back into the screen but with a tiny lump in her hands.

Wait, oh my God - "AWWWHHH YEONWOO, SHE'S SO CUTEEEE!!!"

Yeonwoo began laughing uncontrollably while she hugged the Shiba Inu puppy close to her chest. I couldn't help but coo at the small chubby puppy and I instinctively got closer to my laptop screen - even though it didn't make a difference with the distance between Yeonwoo, Chubz, and I.

She held Chubz by her sides and swayed her back and forth in front of the camera. Her puppy seemed so unaffected by the swaying and kept on staring and occasionally yapping at Yeonwoo's computer screen.

There was only one word that I could use too describe her: a Smol.

Yeonwoo finally sat down and held Chubz on her lap with a charming, yet lovable smile plastered on her face. Even though I was ecstatic to see Yeonwoo and this fluffy puppy, I wondered when her family got her, so I asked, "Yeonwoo, when did your family get the puppy?"

She continued to play with Chubz's ears and replied, "I think about a week or two ago actually. I was super surprised when I saw Arlo playing with her at home." Arlo was her childhood dog - she was a Corgi and fairly old at that, but she still had an energetic personality. Nowadays, she just gets tired a lot quicker.

"Ah, how is Arlo by the way?" at the question, Chubz jumped out of Yeonwoo's lap and I heard little and quick pats on the floor fading.

"She's sleeping a lot more, but she's alright," she says with a small smile.

Yeonwoo was wearing a light grey champion crewneck and a pair of black basketball shorts. Her hair was up in a messy bun and her glasses slid slightly down on her nose.

I can never get enough of saying this, but damn, she's beautiful.

We continued to talk til about 1:30am - from Momoland, to her family, to the most random things out there. But our conversation ended a bit short when Yeonwoo got a text from her phone.

She looked down with a bright smile and said, "Sorry Nance, I have to go. And you should get some rest too! I'll talk to you when I can."

"Oh, okay Dabin."

"Have a goodnight princess," and with that, she ended the call.

I wonder who she was texting?

...

Seven days until Yeonwoo comes back! But who's keeping count?

Not me... Pfftt...