Merry Christmas [Y]

Yeonwoo POV

...

Our walk seemed like it would last forever, but once we got to the steps leading to my porch, I began to panic - and Nancy seemed to notice.

"Dabin, is something wrong?" she asks as she places a hand on my shoulder and bends a little so that her eyes were the only thing I saw.

I couldn't say a thing to her.

I felt paralyzed; but it was all thanks to her eyes. They trapped me in some kind of spell that left me hungry for her beautiful gaze.

After a few moments of silence, she smiles and draws one hand onto my face, "You're so cute - come on, let's get inside. You must be freezing."

Before she rings the doorbell, I remembered the plan and how everyone's in the basement. So, I reached for her hand and spun her around and I did my best to try and be as slick as possible and engulfed her in a big hug - wrapping my arms around her waist. I needed to stall for a bit - I didn't feel ready at all.

"Umm, D-Dabin? What's this for?"

Quick time, quick time - think Yeonwoo, "I j-just feel like I never show you h-how much you mean to me," I stuttered slightly.

She giggles and tightly wraps her arms around my neck as her head nuzzles at the base of my neck. I quietly chuckle at her reaction to my sudden hug and the both of us gently sway back and forth for a few moments.

This was pretty perfect.

Still wrapped up in each other's arms, Nancy tells me, "You know, I'm so happy that I went to Momoland that day it rained."

I smiled and asked, "And why is that?"

"Because if I didn't, we might not be where we are right now," she replies softly. At this, I felt her body press against mine even more while her head stayed buried by my neck.

"I guess so," I started off, "but I mean, we probably would've seen each other still - being that you are a regular customer."

At my comment, she pulls away from my neck and looks at me, head slightly tilted to the right, "I know, but there are so many what-ifs, you know?" Nancy looks down and continues to say, "What if I came during a busy day? We probably would've never gotten a chance to talk. What would've happened if you never told me about Daisy? I doubt she'd be here with us right now."

I look down at her face even though her gaze was directed to the floor and decided to continue her list of the "What-ifs", "What do you think would've happened if you were never friends with Hyebin? We definitely wouldn't be here today. And if I hadn't found this place, we would've never been friends."

At the mention of that, Nancy lifts her head with a frown and says, "I don't think I can ever imagine not having you in my life anymore."

This got my face heated real good.

"Like, who's gonna cook dinner for me?" She teases and I playfully shove her away, "Sorry, I was just joking,

But in all seriousness, you've been there for me when I felt like I couldn't really go to anyone and you've really done so much for me. You've also been such a good friend to me, so thank you," she says with a smile.

I chuckled as I recalled one of our first memories and said, "You know, other than Hyebin, you are the first person I actually felt comfortable with ever since I moved here. I should thank you too, for getting me where I am today."

A smile broke out on her face and she bows her head - covering my view to her eyes.

When the cold finally got the best of Nancy and I, I sucked it up and unlocked the door.