A Little Stroll [Jenji]

Daisy POV

...

It was the eve of Christmas Eve and it so happened to be the eve of Yeonwoo's big reveal.

I know, a lot of eves.

Even though I just woke up, I couldn't fall back asleep. It was only 7:30 in the morning and Nancy, Jooe, and I were just gonna go out at noon to eat, thrift, explore, and whatever happens in between.

Instead of tossing around in bed, I got myself ready and just sat by a window overlooking the little view I had. You see, I live in a small bachelor pad and it's been a little under two months since I moved out of my parents place. I live relatively close to Momoland and I gotta admit, my area is kind of sketchy.

But it was a whole lot better than living with my family.

They would overwhelm me with criticism and comparisons between me and my successful sister to a point where it surpassed tough love. Nothing they ever said made me think of myself in a better light.

But ever since Nancy and I have gotten close, she's helped me overcome so much. Everyone I met in that little coffee shop became my new family and without that little act of kindness during that one fall day, I don't know where I'd be now.

Snapping back to reality, I decided to go out on my little balcony with a thick cardigan and a stool. Even though it was super cold out, the winter air was extremely refreshing. When I sat down, I just took the time to look over my neighbourhood and admired the sunrise.

It gave me a moment to think; to think about my best friends falling in love, work, my own life, and my relationships.

And there was one person that kept on floating back into my mind.

Jane.

I'm going to be 110% honest, but ever since I've gotten to know her, my mind goes everywhere when it comes to her. Whenever we'd go out, hang around in the coffee shop, or even dance in the little studio we'd book once in a while - it's like my body doesn't really know how to respond to Jane.

I really like her, but I have absolutely no idea if she likes me in that way. I even asked Yeonwoo and Nancy but they said they didn't know either.

You know, if it weren't for Yeonwoo's plans on confessing to Nancy, I probably would've planned something for Jane. But nonetheless, I'm still so happy the lovebirds are finally gonna be together after a while.

Which reminds me, I gotta go over to Yeonwoo's place later to help her set up for the party.

It's actually funny and cute how everyone literally knows that they have a thing for each other but they are so scared of rejection.

At the thought, I couldn't help but let out a deep sigh - well, I guess that's what I'm scared of now.

Instead of dwelling on my failing attempts of tryna get Jane to maybe like me, I just focused on the sky. It was very pastel - however, the soft blues and purples began fading in the horizon as the sun was heading my way. The colours were so beautiful, and as basic as I am, I tried taking a picture of the sky.

Just before my finger pressed the button to capture my picture, I got a text notification and when I opened it, it read:

Hey, you up?

I felt my face lighten up and I didn't even think twice about letting out an excited giggle.

Even though it was only 7:50 in the morning, my heart was already fluttering and I was in major uwu-mode.