Just Another Fall Day

"Nancy-ah, you okay?"

     I began shivering uncontrollably on the stool by the coffee bar and I couldn't help the chattering of my teeth. Daisy gave me concerned glances and wrapped her arm around my shoulders.

"Fuck, is it just me or is it super cold in here?" I say as I lean into Daisy's embrace.

     She giggles and while rubbing her hand along my arm in efforts to keep me warm, she replies, "I think it's just you sweetheart." Then, she places her hand on my forehead but instantly jerks back and caresses her own hand and cries "in pain", "Aaahhhh... Damn girl, you're so hot - you burned me!"

     I couldn't help roll my eyes, but I failed to hold in my laugh. Ever since Daisy and I started hanging out in the coffee shop, she's just been a little bundle of joy - and a huge drama queen. She also built up a friendship with Hyebin and Yeonwoo - and to her surprise, Hyebin actually offered Daisy a part-time job to keep her occupied in the store since she already helps out a lot. Yeonwoo even told me that Daisy shadowed Hyebin one day when she had to call in sick for work and Hyebin also mentioned how she admires the girl for her commitment and work ethic.

     Daisy proved to be an all-around worker and has a knack for selling and customer service - and I'm honestly not surprised. A few nights ago actually, the four of us went out for dinner and ate at a local Korean BBQ restaurant and we were left dumbfounded when Daisy did all the talking to our server with ease. You wouldn't have expected it from a girl who had trouble smiling or making eye contact with her baristas.

Snap, snap

     "Ya, Nancy. Seriously, are you alright? Do you need anything?" Daisy questions and places the back of her hand on my forehead once again, "you're kind of warm."

     I let out a sigh, "To be really honest, I'm pretty tired. Jooe and I have been in the office over time because of this project and we've really been busting our asses off."

     Coincidentally, at the mention of Jooe, Hyebin comes over after wiping down some of the tables and joins in the conversation, "Ah, how is she Nancy?"

I sneak in a small smirk, "Why don't you give her a call? I'm sure she'd love to hear from you."

     Instantly, Hyebin blushes and showers me with excuses: "she's too busy," "she's probably preoccupied," "she's probably eating," "we've been spending a lot of time together" ...

Wait... What?

     "Ya, Hyebin - if you spend so much time together, shouldn't you know?" Daisy asks. Hyebin just stands frozen in place with a horrid look in her eyes.

This is priceless.

     Suddenly, the door to the shop swings open and almost cinematically, the bright light reveals Yeonwoo rushing into the store looking like a beautiful mess, "Hey Hyebin, I'm so sorry I'm late!" Her gaze then travels to Daisy and I, "Oh, fancy seeing you - I'm glad you guys are here," she grins.

     It was actually late in the autumn season - which was personally one of my favourite parts of the year. Every bit of autumn was aesthetically beautiful - the colour change of leaves, the fresh air biting on your nose, the festive spirits and food, and the attire everyone seems to wear; and Yeonwoo was no exception.

     As she stood by the entrance of the store to compose herself, I began checking her out - I MEAN... her outfit... I was checking her outfit out... yeahh...

     She wore her white vans and a tan peacoat on top of a simple and loose white shirt which was half tucked into a pair a black boyfriend jeans. A black plaid scarf with red and grey accents hung from her neck and a pair of earphones rested on top of her ears.