Honey

After helping Yeonwoo up, we kind of just ended up sitting on top of the counter facing the entrance of the shop and sat in silence with my head on her shoulder. The soft jazz music was still playing in the store and the atmosphere was so laid back and relaxing. It was only 5pm and it was already super dark, but it seemed peaceful outside.

Being that it was late November, our little neighbourhood strip has already decorated the streets with festive lights and garland around lighting posts; and sitting inside the coffee shop with Yeonwoo made everything even more perfect. The warm aura and the cozy cabin feel the shop radiated, along with the fragrance of dark roast with nodes of vanilla gave me such nostalgia. It was such a beautiful sight and the world outside seemed quiet.

Without realizing it, I look down to see Yeonwoo's hands playing with mine. Each caress was featherlike and every time her thumb grazed over the back of my palm, little back flips were making their way in my stomach. I fix my gaze to look at Yeonwoo's face to see her looking out the front windows of the shop with a soft expression dancing on her smile.

Everything about this moment was too good to be true, so I closed my eyes and tried to paint a permanent picture of the "right now." The images, the smell, the feel, the sounds - everything.

I wish I could freeze time right now.

...

A few minutes passed, and we began to hear the faint laughter getting louder as they come from the back. At this, Yeonwoo smiles at me and jumps down from the counter while offering her hand to me as we walk behind the counter once again.

The both of us each took a drying cloth to make it seem like we've done something and we finished wiping down the last of the damp utensils and plates. While we did this, we just kept on stealing glances at each other and smiling like idiots - and I knew for a fact that she was blushing because I have never seen her this red in a long time.

Then, the door leading to the back room opened and laughter filled the room. At this, Hyebin stops and gasps in surprise, causing a hush to fall over everyone, "Oh... ya, you guys are so quiet. Did something happen?"

I glanced at Yeonwoo but reverted my gaze back to Hyebin after seeing that her eyes were already on me and replied, "Nah, you guys just caught us at a quiet time."

"Ah, okay," she shrugs off.

Jane came up to the cash register and leaned on the counter, "What did you guys do the whole time? We didn't realize that we were gone for this long."

Yeonwoo decided to respond, "We just did some cleaning, talked, chilled. Not much action either so we didn't really do anything." While she was talking, Daisy caught my attention and was sending me obvious winks and funny hand gestures.

I sent her a death glare, but I was low-key thankful she left me alone with Yeonwoo.

"Well, since there hasn't been action, let's just close up, yeah?" Hyebin says as she head to the door and locks it.

Suddenly, Taeha speaks up, "Oh! Don't you guys have an aux cord?" Yeonwoo was already by the cord and says, "yeah, toss your phone over here!"

Once her phone connected, R&B music started playing softly in the background and everyone started walking towards the coffee bar area. Since there weren't many seats by the bar, Nayun and Hyebin gathered 2 tables and placed them beside each other. But instead of sitting on chairs, Hyebin, Jooe, Taeha, and Nayun opted to just sit on the table.

"How about we play a game?" Nayun suggested.

"Hell yeah, I'm down," Hyebin says.

"What kind of game?" Taeha questions.