Let's Do Something Stupid

For this chapter, listen to: Everything to me by Mark Wilkinson. Enjoy.

...

Tonight is going to be a good night.
I can just feel it.

Actually, I'm 100% certain that it will be a great night.

Because tonight's the night,
That shit is gonna get real.

Tonight, I'm gonna marathon some of the greatest series of all time with the most perfect person ever.

I mean, come on: Yeonwoo and Harry Potter?
Hell fucking yes.

I'm actually on my way to Momoland to pick up Yeonwoo from her morning shift and we were going to buy some snacks and drinks for later.

This was our plan: buy a shit ton of snacks and energy drinks, crash at Yeonwoo's place, and try to pull up as many all-nighters as we can by watching movies.

Who's crazy idea was this?

We don't actually know.

We kinda just talked about it as a joke because Yeonwoo is actually going to Korea for two weeks and coming back on the 15th of December. She said it was an annual thing to visit family just before the holidays, and although it's only for two weeks, I'm gonna miss this girl.

Just as I approached the shop, Yeonwoo comes out and takes a few seconds to look around while fixing her glasses until she finally spots me and runs up to me. She looked just like a clueless puppy and she was super cute.

"Hey Dabin, how was work?" I say as I give her a big hug.

"All good - nothing over the top," she says as she pulls away, "aight, where are we heading to first?" As we continue our conversation, we begin walking towards her black Audi.

"Costco?"

She smiles, "Smart," and opens the passenger door for me. Once I get in, she closes the door and runs to the other side and gets behind the wheel. But before driving, she connects her phone to the car and starts blasting Michael Bublé's Christmas album - and for the whole ride, we sang our hearts out and it was just the best feeling ever.

...

When we got to Costco, I grabbed a cart while Yeonwoo flashed her membership card to a worker and we immediately ran towards the chocolate aisle.

"Nancy-ah, what should we get?"

Good question: there were assortments of chocolate bars, the iconic Kirkland bite-sized chocolates that were individually wrapped, chocolate bark, and the whole list goes on.

But my eyes were set on those Brookside Acai Blueberry chocolates. Yeonwoo must've seen the look on my face and automatically grabbed two bags, "Nancy, you're such a kid," Yeonwoo says as she pinches my cheek.

Her touch tickled me and I couldn't help but giggle, "Ya, whatever. What do you want for snacks though?"

As I push the cart, Yeonwoo hoisted herself onto the side of the cart by stepping on the bottom platform and holding onto the edge.

And she calls me the childish one.

Yeonwoo begins to list every snack we encounter in each aisle, "Maybe a bag of that Smartfood popcorn? All-dressed Ruffles? Oh my God, Pocky!" she jumps off the cart and looks at me with begging eyes, "we need Pocky."

And the next thing I knew, she ran away - leaving me with cart duty. I was literally chasing her, weaving in and out from aisle to aisle and following Yeonwoo as best as I can - but she is super fast.