The Girl Who Needed the Push

It was a Saturday, and knowing how "Momoland" usually was on the weekend, I decided to pick up lunch for Yeonwoo and Hyebin. I gave them a call earlier and Hyebin didn't want anything, but Yeonwoo asked for a grilled chicken sub. Knowing her, I also picked up a Kit-Kat bar; she's not one to eat a meal all at once - she's more of a snacker, and I knew that Kit-Kat was her favourite.

As I approached the store, I noticed that the shop was completely full and luckily for Hyebin and Yeonwoo, the line at the cash was dying down. When I opened the door, Yeonwoo immediately turned around to see who came in and after spotting me, she gave me a big smile and said, "Hey princess."

I strutted to the counter while waving the bag with her food in front of me, "Hey Yeonwoo-ahh," I looked over her shoulder, "hey Hyebin! How's everything going with you two?"

Hyebin dries a mug and comes in my direction saying, "It's been hell - the both of us have been running back and forth from the back room to constantly take out more milk." Ahh, that explains the dishevelled look.

Yeonwoo really suits the look though - hair tousled, apron ruffled, a slightly flustered look. I'd say she looks pretty dreamy.

"Yikes, thats rough... Is there anything I could do to help?"

"Nah, it's all good Nancy, we can handle it," Hyebin replies.

"Well, I'll be here - even if you need me to run to the store to get stuff, just give me a call!" and with that, Hyebin grins and goes back to drying plates and mugs.

Yeonwoo turns to me, "Ya, how much do I owe you?"

"Don't worry about it, Dabin. It's all good," I reach inside of my pocket and pull out the Kit-Kat, "annnddddd, I got you this too."

Yeonwoo eyes the chocolate in excitement - kind of like a puppy, "Awwhh, Nancy. You didn't have to get me that, seriously," she smiles.

"I know, but I wanted to," I shrugged.

"Come to the back with me."

At least there wasn't a lineup at the register at the moment, I wouldn't have wanted to get in the way of their work. I go behind the counter and into the doorway leading to the back room where the workers put their belongings. When I turned around, Yeonwoo was by the entrance, walking towards me with arms wide open and I run into her, wrapping my arms around her waist.

After what seemed like forever, we let go of each other and she thanked me for getting her food. But a few moments after, Yeonwoo's face drops a bit. "Dabin, is everything alright?"

"Nancy," she starts off, looking at me dead in the eyes, "I know it doesn't really concern you, but I couldn't get this off my mind."

As she continues to speak, I lead her to a chair so we could sit, "For these last 2 weeks, I've actually noticed this girl - maybe about your age. Every time she comes into the shop, she would never smile, never look at Hyebin or I in the eyes, and would look..." she pauses and shrugs, "...pretty dead. I-it's kind of h-haunting.

And every time I would go back to her table to clean up after she's gone, I would see messages or little notes on her coffee cup. But it's nothing like the movies - most of her notes would be so sad to read... Like one time, she wrote something on the lines of "I can't be here anymore" or "nothing's the same, I need help." I believe her name is Daisy, if I'm not mistaken..."

I saw concern in her eyes and I knew that Yeonwoo wouldn't make a big deal out of nothing. All I could really do was give her a sense of comfort by closing her hands in mine. Then, a thought came into mind, "Has she dropped by today?"