> Five

Since this famous dinner seemed the only place where she could find peace, Dani was again in one of these leather benches with a milkshake in front of her

A textbook lying on top of her table, she tried to drown all the noises around her and her disturbing thoughts about Cheryl Blossom and everything else that was happening in Riverdale.

Unfortunately, her attention was soon stolen again by a conversation taking place in the table just behind her.

Once again, it was not her fault that interesting discussions were taking place in her listening rank.

"What the hell? "

"I saw the way you look at me."At once answered a male voice leaving Dani pause in her math equation with her pen held in abeyance. "During your scout training. "

Dani neglected the fact that they also had a scout camps in this city and decided to focus more on the rest of the conversation instead.

"You're hiding something. " Added the boy.

"The head of the scouts, Doiley. He lies. "

Dani rolled her eyes at how the other guy spit out the beans almost immediately before letting her pen rest to try to lean a little closer to the back of her bench.

She listened further as she nonchalantly turned the straw of her milkshake against the edges of the glass.

"About what? "

"The gunshot." This had the gift of further intrigued Dani as she paused for a moment with her eyes on her straw. " It was him. He taught us how to shoot. "

Dani's eyes widened at the announcement of such information before bringing her milkshake to take a sip visibly more and more caught in the conversation.

And it seems that the other boy seemed equally intrigued. "Dilton Doiley fired a shot on July 4th? "

"He's a survivalist." He said in a whisper, forcing Dani to lean a little back to catch the rest of their conversation. "He repeats that if we don't protect ourselves, no one else will do it. "

Honestly at this point, Dani was seriously beginning to think that this city had a serious problem.

Certainly she was used to this kind of stuff completely crazy since it was quite new in the big cities but small towns were not famous for their annoyance and their obvious lack of action.

Not to mention that they were supposed to be much safer than big cities. From her point of view, she seemed much safer in Sacramento than in a city where a teenager had died, murdered.

This thought was beginning to play stupidly with her mind as she felt strangely a slight hesitation to go into the darkness alone.

However, it was just a moment of madness as she forced herself to regain consciousness before passing the door of Pop's dinner.