> Fourteen

                               "Boys with dubious looks approach you, offer to take you somewhere and you accept?"

Dani gave a glance at her uncle now standing beside her before turning to the Sheriff currently wearing a mask of disbelief.

"Yes?"

"And don't you think it's strange that you disappeared the same night that Polly Cooper ran away?" The Sheriff asked at once, signing her statement on the table before giving her a stern look. "Just after receiving a message from Betty Cooper saying that she had found Jason Blossom's car."

At the sound of this accusation, Ethan hastened to speak with a poker look. "You know it's just circumstantial evidence, Sheriff. Moreover, Dani has absolutely no connection with the case of Jason Blossom. She was not even in town. "

"That's really all you can say to me, Dani?" Reiterated the Sheriff Keller visibly stuck here before closing her file with a sigh at her lack of response. "Fine. You can leave. "

Ethan nodded flatly before turning to his niece with a stern look. "Take your things. We're going."

Dani just nodded as she stood up before turning her attention back to Kevin's father as he spoke again. "She has to stay in town, Ethan. "

"I know."Just answer the brown suit before taking his niece's arm out of here.

Unfortunately, she had not planned to have to go through all the looks of the police station.

She kept her eyes fixed on the exit as Ethan kept his hand on her arm before quickly descending the steps, actively avoiding the journalists.

She let herself go when Ethan forced her into the SUV before slamming the door behind her.

Evidently her version of the story had had some detrimental effects on her family.

However, if it could prevent Jughead from being an orphan like her, Dani was ready to take some of the blame.

The boy had obviously experienced his share of trouble and Dani was not the type to overwhelm people for fun.

Not to mention that it did not really concern her. Once again.

Although her little trip to the Serpents lair had changed the game. She did not really know how to interfere in their small group but since she was not interfering in a forensic investigation it was somewhat soothing.

Her little episode at the station was enough to make her discover a new aspect of herself. She was certainly good at lying and more at doubling people.

As FP Jones had so aptly said, it was enough for her to return peacefully to the Northside.

Of course, after such a return and in such circumstances, Dani did not expect to return to high school in any discretion.