> Twenty-One

               Silent treatment.

It was not something Dani was used to receiving. To tell the truth, it was regularly the other way around.

But it seems that the tables had turned now as she nonchalantly descended the stairs to literally meet face to face with two statues openly ignoring her presence. "Hello everyone?

She had to admit that it was a bit painful to be honest.

She narrowed her lips as she lowered her eyes to her hands resting on the countertop before nodding with a slight smirk as she walked to the toaster.

She shoved two slices of bread into the slots before turning on her heels to lean against the islet with her eyes riveted on her uncle and aunt.

"Not that you should be interested because I lied, manipulated, etc. But I'm going to see Cheryl, so I'll probably be late for my first class. "

However, it seemed that they still had a lot to learn since Dani had barely had time to retrieve her grilled toast that Bonnie answered on her stool. "Thornhill? "

"Uh, yeah?" The brunette replied as she chewed a piece of bread before moving to face them with a cup of coffee in her hand. "She must be completely annihilated with her father being a psycho and ... all that. "

"Must believe that all families have their own psycho." Nath suddenly intervened, skirting Dani as he gave her a sideways look with resentment.

Ethan was the first to react as he readjusted his tie by shaking his head before getting up and retrieving his briefcase. "I have to go to the station. The sheriff wants to talk to FP about the new evidence. "

"Wait, you still represent him?" Dani exclaimed as she looked at his back already in front of the front door with wide eyes.

"He is partially innocent." Ethan simply replied, giving a brief glance over his shoulder over his niece before heading back.

Dani watched her uncle leave the house with a smile despite herself before simply losing it as she turned on her heels to see the dark glances of Nath and her aunt.

"Are you really going back to school? After all you did? "

"Of course!" Dani acquiesced arrogantly before nonchalantly shrugging her shoulders. "Even criminals have the right to education. "

She took one last piece of her bread before placing it on her plate for a sip of her coffee.

She put down her cup before rubbing the excess crumbs from her hands as she gave a sarcastic smile on her brother.

With that, she turned on her heels before going upstairs with a strangely cheerful air. FP may not have been fully released, but she knew he could stand until the trial.