> Thirteen

                        A throbbing beat was the first thing Dani felt as she finally pulled herself together.

She grimaced, swearing under her breath at the sensation of a liquid sticking her hair line before blinking her eyes a few times as she tried to touch the side of her head.

The key word was trying as a new sense of panic assaulted her with the feeling of her arms tied behind her back.

"What the hell? "

She straightened up in the realization before quickly scanning the place where she was with a new sense of panic.

Her last moments before the total darkness resurfaced as she tried to fight her bonds. She was currently in a kind of basement.

There was a refrigerator in one of the corners and workbenches on each of her sides. Many tools were scattered on them.

She could feel her heart racing at full speed against her ribcage as she fully realized what had happened to her.

She had seen Jason's Blossom freaking killer trying to erase the evidence of the car that could incriminate him before continuing in turn.

No, she had seen the killer and his accomplice to be exact.

And now she was in a basement. A basement that had probably contained Jason in the past.

An icy fear gripped her limbs as she felt the tears flowed down her cheeks.

She could not stay here. She could not die here. No, no, she could not-she could not die in that damn town.

She squeezed her lips in a fine line as she sniffed before looking for the place. She glanced over her shoulder for her tied hands before trying to free herself, to no avail.

The sudden agreement of step upstairs gave her a new sense of urgency as she took advantage of their inattention to call for help."Help! I'm here! Help me! There is someone? I'm here! Below-"

However, her pleadings soon died in her throat as the light suddenly flooded the room. She heaved under her breath as she was momentarily blinded to the difference before blinking her eyes to try to erase the lights blocking her view.

The sound of footsteps alerted her again as she narrowed her eyes to the only possible entrance before holding her breath at the sight of a figure descending the stairs.

Her gaze widened at the sight of the man in the forest and her panic resurfaced immediately.

She could fully see him now.

He was tall and broad-shouldered, as she had already guessed in the woods, but he had an even more definite face.

A jet black beard of several weeks adorned his chin. His black hair was combed back and his eyes were almost as dark as the room where she was.