> Ten

                       The few days following Cheryl's burial were more than strange for Dani. Her relationship with Bonnie had totally changed and even Nath was having a hard time getting used to this new family dynamic.

Unfortunately, even though Dani tried to smile and act as "normal" as possible, she was anything but.

This anger was still bubbling under the surface and this guilt weighed more heavily on her mind.

She was not okay. In truth, she was very far from being okay.

However, she could not really help but keep this facade. It was for the best after all.
She could not have another nervous breakdown like the other night.

"Dani Hardwick. "

Dani came out of her trance as she looked up from her black coffee cup just to frown on the boy now standing in front of her.

She raised an eyebrow as she loosened her grip on her cup before leaning against the Pop's leather bench. "Jughead. Back to question me? "

"Not for now. " He asked, beckoning Pop to have the same thing as Dani before putting his green eyes back on the brunette in front of him.

To be honest, he did not really know what had come to sit with her. All he knew was that he had decided to come to Pop since their fake breakfast plan with Betty and her mother to picking up the address of Polly's location had not provided him with enough nutrient.

However, when he caught the strangely empty reflection of the brunette in the corner, he found himself walking to the table where she was.

Of course, Jughead was still suspicious about her, but like Veronica and Cheryl, he and Dani had somehow bonded since their first conversation.

"Thank you, Pop. So what are you doing here? "

"High school has turned into a pathetic remake of high school musical."Just answered Dani.

"Fair enough." Accepted Jughead prompting more suspicion of Dani for his unusually sociable behavior.

Dani watched the jet-black boy's actions as he took a sip of his coffee as black as her before she crossed her arms over her chest. "Just tell me what you want. "

"Is not it the same from the beginning?" Jug replied with a defiant eyebrow raising a flat look of Dani.

The brunette shook her head at his strange behavior before rolling her eyes as she sarcastically resumed her tone. " Who am I ? Bonnie's niece and Ethan. What am I doing here ? Well, I guess you know about it now. Did I kill Jason Blossom? Unlikely. Have I covered everything? "

"Did Cheryl tell you anything about Polly and Jason?" Jughead asked abruptly, surprising himself.

Dani raised an eyebrow in response before holding her chin in her palm. "And what could she tell me about it? "