> Twenty-two

                        " Thank you for trying. I'm going to join Jason. "

No, no, no, it just could not happen.

Dani could not really believe things had degenerated so quickly. One moment, she was on her bed reading a book of law and the next second according to her, her phone rang with a notification from Cheryl.

She had immediately dropped her phone with a big boom as she rushed to the door of her room. She had opened it on the fly as she had crossed the corridor at full speed before descending the steps of the stairs four to four without even taking the time to think.

All she knew at the time was that Cheryl was going to do something unforgivable and she could not let her do something so horrible.

She had ignored Nath and Bonnie's panicked and concerned calls as she literally tore off her leather jacket and shoes from the closet in the hallway before swiftly turning on her heels toward the verandah.

She had donned her clothes in the huge room in a hurry with a sense of urgency before sliding the windows to make her way.

After that, she had thought of nothing but the redhead who had managed to make her way into her shell despite what she could think.

She had rushed through their garden, ignoring the icy snow seeping into her clothes and her boots as she had sunk into the woods, sincerely grateful for their direct access to the forest.

Now she was running in the woods at full speed despite the thickness of the snow sticking to the ground preventing her from moving faster.

She had fallen more times than she could count, but that did not matter at the moment.

"Cheryl! Cheryl, where are you ?" She shouted with her hands around her lips to try to amplify her echo.

She turned on herself in a sense of panic as she could feel the bile rising before leaning on a nearby tree to catch her breath.

Only her gaze was not long to widen at the sight of flaming red hair standing out in the white landscape.

The latter was currently kneeling in a simple little familiar white dress pushing the snow with bare hands. She must literally be refrigerated.

"Cheryl !" Dani exclaimed as she rushed into a race before taking a sudden break as she heard a slight crackle as soon as she stepped on the frozen river.

She glanced anxiously at her boots before turning her attention to Cheryl as she glared at Dani over her shoulder. "Dani ... you really come? "

"Cheryl !" Dani called as she raised her foot to test the ice before swallowing as she reached out to the redhead in the middle of the frozen lake. "Cheryl, don't do something stupid. I'm here, kay? "