> Twenty

"Before we start this little meeting of the secret poets, I want to tell you Ethan and Bonnie that it's a waste of time to be here

                                           "Before we start this little meeting of the secret poets, I want to tell you Ethan and Bonnie that it's a waste of time to be here."

"Absolutely!" Alice exclaimed, pointing to the brunette nonchalantly leaning against the entrance of the Andrews. "You are well the daughter of Sady. The cleverest."

"No, what I mean is that Ethan you shouldn't be here but with FP. As his lawyer." Dani challenged at once, receiving incredulous breaths from all the parents in the Andrews' living room.

"You stay out of this! It's clear?" Ethan exclaimed in turn before turning to Veronica and Archie."What you did is illegal!"

"We had to make sure that FP was not involved in Jason's murder. "

"And we know he's guilty." Alice answered promptly with a finality tone.

Dani could not help but roll her eyes to all this bullshit. She could literally feel the blood in her veins boiling.

It was a waste of time.

If only she could tell them everything she knew. And even then she was not sure they would listen to him.

She drowned the rest of the conversation to give free rein to her thoughts.

As expected the parents simply refused to believe that FP had been trapped.

Apparently the murder weapon had been found in FP's trailer off Archie and Veronica had searched it thoroughly and found nothing.

In addition, Dani knew for a fact that there was absolutely no trace of a weapon in the Jones.

It was inevitably a killer hit.

There was not a shadow of a doubt but how FP was going to be explained now. She already knew he would choose silence. And that was what tormented her the most.

She could not lose that ounce of selfish hope.

"Okay, it's enough! Dani, take your things!" Ethan exclaimed as he walked quickly towards his niece flanking Bonnie.

"Finally!" Dani whispered, gathering incredulous glances at the teenagers while the adults at her side stared at her suspiciously.

Once again, Dani found herself on one of her damn chair worthy of the godfather with her uncle and aunt in front of her with their arms crossed.

Dani tried to make them listen to reason so that her uncle represented FP.

"You do not understand the seriousness of the situation, Dani! "

"Oh, yes, believe me I do!"Supported the brunette in shaking her head with a scoff.

"Do you think it's a game? A game of Cluedo?" Ethan barked with sarcasm and indignation before letting himself fall back against the chair in his desk. "FP killed Jason Blossom. And that's all!"