> Twelve

                   "Okay, Betty, there is a slight misunderstanding here. We are not friends. "

Dani rolled her eyes as she tried to stabilize her phone with her shoulder to give the money to Pop before mimicking a sign of salute as she retrieved the white paper bag containing Bonnie's command.

She made a U-turn to the exit just as Betty tried to convince her again. "I know, I know but ... you help us with Polly. You saw it yourself, my parents lied. This car is the only way to prove that she's not crazy. "

"Or just that she is. " Dani hastily reminded her as she walked through the glass door of the Chock's lip Shoppe to join the SUV in which her brother was waiting for her. "Not to mention that it's not up to us to do that but to the police. "

"You know very well that the police respond to the Blossom." Betty moaned through the phone causing Dani's annoying grimace. "You have to come with us. Even juggy agrees. "

This elicited an incredulous look from the brunette as she sniffed by pinching the paper bag under her arm before opening the passenger door to get inside the heated cockpit. "Jughead? Antisocial, suffering from a problem of trust and if I must say, feels a real mistrust towards me? Yeah, right!"

"I swear!" Exclaimed Betty visibly desperate to convince her to join their hunt. "Look, Dani, if this car really exists then Polly's version will be confirmed-"

"And your parents will probably be incarcerated." Dani interrupted sharply as Nath looked at her as he watched her place Pop's bag on the dashboard before she leaned more against the leather seat back.

This caused a silence from the blonde on the other end of the line as the truth of the words of Dani settled a little more in her mind.

Dani decided to take advantage of this opportunity to completely ignore the request of Betty and apparently Jughead. "Anyway, I'm going to the variety show tonight. I try everything like you to save my family here. Or at least what's left of it ... have fun. "

Dani did not wait a minute longer as she hung up before watching her screen flicker with the name of Betty Cooper with a sigh.

" What was that?" Nath finally asked, captivating her silent observation.

Dani lifted her head with a composed expression before reaching behind her for the belt.
She pulled on the strap before attaching herself nodding towards Nath. "Just drive, please. "

The trip to the General Hospital took place in a relatively quiet atmosphere. Dani was too much disturbed by Betty's call to even make the effort to hit a conversation with her brother.

Hence the reason she was really happy that the radio existed.

She had her eyes fixed on the surrounding landscape as she tried to reassure herself that she had made the right decision.