Surprise

"So, the cameras are connected to my laptop with a live stream." Felix grabs his laptop off the coffee table, signs in, and shows us the screen. It shows each of the rooms where the cameras are, including the kitchen, living room, garage, and my room.

"Great job guys." Abruptly, the sound of a car pulling into the driveway is heard. I look at everyone.

"Get the hell out of here. Go! Go through the back!" The stand up fast and run to the back. Mat stays behind. "Mat, I said go!" He quickly walks up to me and kisses me. Hard.

"I love you. Be safe." He runs to and out the door, then slams it behind him. Immediately, the front door opens and my parents walk in.

"Oh, hi honey. How are you?" Awful now that you're home.

"I'm great." My dad brings their travel bags into their room while my mom heads into the kitchen.

"Honey, why are there so many bowls in the sink?"

"Umm, I had some friends over earlier. We were hungry, so we made something to eat." She nods and walks over to me. "Uhh, why are you guys home so early?"

"The meeting was canceled last minute, so we had to turn around." I nod my head.

"I've got some homework to do, so I'm gonna go to my work on it in my room." I walk into my room and shut the door. I look into the corner of the room next to the door up by the ceiling where I know the hidden camera is.

"You guys getting this?" I pick up my phone as it dings.

From: Mat
Yeah, we're getting it. Looks your parents aren't happy.

I get another text and it's the link to the live stream. I open it and can see and hear my parents talking.

"I didn't know Mary and Frank moved here. We moved here specifically so Nate wouldn't have any friends."

"I know. Anne, why do we keep him? He's useless."

"Don't worry. In just a couple of days, we'll never have to worry about him ever again." I drop the phone and scoot back on my bed. My breath quickens as my throat tightens up. They, were gonna kill me? I can't breathe. I can hear distantly hear my phone ringing. I see my parents come in.

"Nate, honey, are you ok? What's wrong?" My mom comes over while my dad picks up my phone. Shit.

"What's this?" When I don't answer, he throws my phone on the ground. "What the hell is this?!"

"What is it, honey?" My mom asks. My dad walks out of the room, only to return with one of the small cameras in his hand. My mom gasps and looks at me with a death glare and I get off the bed, walking back into the corner of the room.

"You motherfucker! You're trying to get us arrested!" My mom storms up to me and slaps me in the face. Hard. My head jerks back and smacks into the wall. I feel my dad's hand wrap around my throat and lifts me off the ground, slamming me into the wall once again. I'm thrown to the ground and beat to a pulp. I can feel bones break. Right before I black out, I can faintly hear sirens. Then my vision goes black.