Explanation

"And how did you manage to get the whole fight on video?" The principal asks.

"I've been friends with Mark for years. I know when a fights about to break out. I would stop it, but there's no stopping Mark when a friend's in trouble." Principal Davis waves him in, and Mrs. Stewart lets him in. He walks in and sets the phone on the desk. Principal Davis picks up the phone and turns around so we can all see.

The video shows exactly what I explained. Principal Davis turns around and hands Jack his phone back.

"Mr. Alexander, you will be suspended for the rest of the week, and Mr. Fischbach, you will be suspended for the rest of the day, but you may come back tomorrow." I nod.

"Thank you, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience." He smiles.

"It's ok. You were defending yourself and a friend. Also, paperwork's boring." I smile and walk out with Jack, Christian, and Mrs. Stewart.

"Mark, I'll send your homework home with Séan, and Christian, I'll send your homework home with James." We both nod and she walks away. Christian turns to Jack and me.

"You'll be sorry for this."

"Go home, Christian." He sneers and walks off. I turn to Jack. I give him a hug and a quick kiss.

"I'll see you at home. You fine riding home with Nate and Mat?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I love ya. Also, don't forget to get your nose checked out."

"I won't. Love ya, too." I give him one last kiss, then walk outside and walk to the car. I unlock it and climb in. I start the car and start the drive home.

><><Time Skip><><

I pull into the driveway and cut the engine. I get out of the car and see my parents cars in the open garage. Uh oh. I walk up to the front door and walk in. My mom and dad are sitting on the couch watching tv. My mom turns around when she hears me close the door.

"Mark, honey, what are you doing home so early? And what happened to your nose?" I give a nervous chuckle and rub the back of my neck as my dad also turns around.

"Umm, give me a minute. I promise I'll explain." I get out my phone and ask Jack to send me the video. A minute later, my phone pings and I sit down on the couch in between my parents. They turn off the tv as I play the video for them. They're silent for a minute after the video finishes.

"Well, at least you were defending your friend."

"Mark, look at me." I look at my dad and he gently places his fingertips on my nose, and I immediately flinch and back up.

"Ahh," I wince in pain.

"Mark, your nose is broken and dislocated. I need to set it before we do anything." I whine a little. "Mark," He says. I sigh and scoot closer to him. My mom grabs my hand and I squeeze her hand as my dad grabs my nose and physically moves it. I yelp and nearly scream as I feel my nose snap back into place. I feel bad for my mom's hand. I've got a strong grip.

As soon as I let go of my mom's hand, she gets up and runs to the kitchen. She comes back a minute later with an ice pack, a glass of water, and two ibuprofen pills. I swallow the pills and my dad gets up. I lay down and my mom gently lays the icepack on my face, trying not to irritate my nose. My mom leans over the back of the couch and gives my forehead a kiss.

"Try and get some sleep." I close my eyes and slowly drift off to sleep.