-1-

"I don't understand baby why you insist on going to school." I heard my mum complain for the umpteenth as I packed my bags for my first year at school.

"You don't need to understand mum. All you have to know is that if I am going to live the life of a 17 year old for the rest of my life, I'm going to go to school like one." Yep, that's right. I'm a 17 year old and I have been for 349 years now. My name is Hwang Hyunjin and I am a vampire.

Life was boring for the most part, but that's why I want to go to school. Maybe I could make some friends, make life a little less boring. Sure they'll die eventually and I'm still stuck in this cycle of immortality, but I'd do anything for something to pass the time.

"you're wasting time your trying to convince the boy honey." I heard my dad say as he entered the living room drinking a cup of the sweet Negative O blood.

"Did you bring your plasma packs with you?"

"Six of em' dad."

"Do you remember what to say if people ask what you're drinking? Why you don't eat? And why you're extremely pale?" My dad narrowed his eyes at me. This was too simple.

"Tomato juice or strawberry juice. I'm on a strict fluid only diet as I have an extremely slow metabolism rate and I'm pale because I have slight albinism that only affects my skin colour. I've got this dad, don't worry." My mum sighed deeply, sad to let me go to school. How do I know? Well, despite the fact that she's been complaining about how lonely she'll be from now on for the past 2 months, I can read minds. And hers has been on a rampage.

"I'm going to go to school now, I love both of you. Don't kill anyone while I'm out." I said before giving them both a kiss on the cheek.

"No promises!" I heard them faintly as I had already left the house. I'm happy they allowed me to go to school alas. I've been waiting for over 3 centuries now. There's a jump in my step and I skipped to school happily. I thought of all the amazing things I can do as a high-school student. What things? Well things such as making friends, getting on the football team, getting a girlfriend, doing exams and getting scolded by my parents.

"Hey Mr White, why are you so happy?" I turned to the amused voice who called out to me. I didn't recognise him, I don't think I've seen him in my neighbourhood before. I tried to read his mind, and all that really came to me was that he loves dark and he's nervous. He wants to be my friend. I snickered, laughing slightly at his failed attempt.

"Well, it's my first year here at Stray Kids high, and I'm excited for a new school year. I'm Hyunjin." I answered perkily as I brought my hand out for a handshake. I read about that in my books of humans. It's apparently a thing that they do when they meet new people.

"Changbin is the name. It's nice to meet you Hyunjin. Have you seen which class you're in yet?" he asked as he took my hand in for a shake. Good job hyunnie! You were completely natural!

"Not yet actually, care to join me?" come on say yes say yes. I honestly don't know how to check and I need a guide.

"Sure dude." He smiled before walking ahead of me, leading me to the notice board. I looked for the first year list and immediately went to "H" to find my name.

"ah! Found it! Hwang Hyunjin.... Class 1B."

"You're in class 1B too? Hi! So am I!" I turned to see this geeky looking kid with braces. Did he skip a grade or something? He looks too young to be here? Well, I mean so would I once they reach 29. Well, I'll try not to judge.

"Hey. I'm Hyunjin."

"I'm Jeongin. I'm 16, I actually skipped a grade." damn I was actually right. Maybe I have prediction powers too... Okay. Let me try this, I closed my eyes as I thought really hard.

You'll meet someone special hyunjin. He will stay with you for all eternity. Also, changbin isn't in your class. Rip.

Okay. That last prediction my mind gave me was definitely not needed, but let's see how right I am.

"Changbin, what's your class?" I asked the shorter guy next to me. He turned to me with glossy eyes and trembling lips.

"I'm in class 1A. I'm in a different class from you! What if Changbinnie die?" his voice was squeaky like a baby, and with the accompaniment of his height, he was irresistibly cute.

I gave him a big hug as I rocked him side to side.

"hey its okay binnie, I'll see you during lunch and after school. Plus I'm sure you'll make good friends!" and maybe I'll find this person... It can't be that it's a guy. I'm not gay.

"sorry to barge but classes is starting in 10 minutes. Do you want to go together Hyunjin?" Jeongin tapped my shoulder carefully, as if he was afraid to disturb me.

"sure Jeongin. I'll see you okay binnie? Don't freak out, be yourself." I gave him parting advice before walking away. I knew he was going to be okay, I got a vision of him smiling as I hugged him.

It was physically impossible, but I could feel my heart thumping as I reached my classroom. I heard students talking inside already, god I hoped that this will be a good year. I hoped with all my heart as I closed my eyes to pray and take a deep breath not that it actually calmed me.

I opened the door.