19

Hyunjin POV 

I was walking around the mall aimlessly today. I knew Minho and Jisung was going to watch a movie together, I was hoping to catch them before to grab lunch. I strolled around, trying to feel them out and listen between thousands of teens private conversations. 

When I took the escalator up to the third floor where the cinema was at, I could hear Minho and Jisung yet having another argument. I knew I found em'. I picked up the pace, following their voices. 

"Since when did you give a fuck?"

"Please I care about him more than you can imagine." 

W-what? Why was Felix here too? What was Minho talking to him about? I tried to listen in further, move in a little more but the moment I did someone had knocked into me. It was as if a wall had hit me. 

I felt my skin burn a little where that person had knocked me. I turned to look at him and almost immediately I regretted it. Who I saw in front of me was Chris. A very very red Chris. And it wasn't red from bash, no it was red from anger.

"What the fuck are you doing here vamp? Your little boyfriend? He's out here with another one of his toys. Leave." He practically hissed at me. I tried to ignore him and walk past, but he held his arm out in protest.

"I said leave. This is something Felix wants to do, and I can't let you stop him." This time with much less anger, and more sadness in his tone. His eyes held firmness but I could still see the reluctance and heartbreak behind it.

"Okay." I couldn't fight him. As it is i already have been feeling so weak from the antics the past few days, my heart can't take this. I always act like I'm tough, but if someone looks at me pleadingly, what sort of vampire would I be?

I turned around, and never looked back. I didn't know where to go, my stomach grumbled as I felt parched for blood.

I could feel my fangs protruding out of my gums, but I didn't do anything to make it recede back either. What was the point? What was the point of anything?

I'm gay. I'm a vampire. And I'm in love with a werewolf. I might as well stab my heart with a stake, get over this all the better.

I let my legs take me to wherever, not really caring to where I was heading. I closed my eyes as I walked, letting my vampire senses keep me safe. I climbed up stairs, opened doors found a chair and sat. I haven't even a clue where I was, but taking a whiff of the air around brought tears to my eyes and a sense of dryness to my throat. I could barely breathe without choking up. His smell was so strong. The once I knew pungent smell of wolves, smelled sweet like strawberries. 

It smelled exactly like Felix. Felix. He didn't need me. No. He never needed me. It was I that needed him. Wanted him. But, I'm no longer a kid. I was far from that. Only kids got what they wanted with tears. I knew that no matter how much I cried, he was never going to be mine. Yet why wouldn't I stop? They came down like rain, drop after drop, never ceasing. 

I just wanted to feel loved. For once. In all my years of living, I've only ever been used. Was it so hard to love me? What have I done to deserve this? I always kept my karma in check, I never fed from a human either before. You know what? I'm done. I'm done being good. I'm done being in my best behaviour, waiting for a happiness that didn't belong to me. 

Besides my fangs now, I felt my shoulders ache. I knew this feeling well, although I haven't felt it in a long time. The sharp pain of my bones dislocating felt like a massage to my back, the tear of  my skin against the bones like a thread sliding past my skin. The boiling hot way my skin burned against the wound felt simply like a warm shower to me. 

But something was different. I could feel it. My wings did not feel the same. I couldn't feel the light and silky feathers that caressed my back. I finally opened my eyes, recognising the place I was in. What was my legs ever thinking. School? God everything about me is so pathetic and desperate. 

I turned to look at my wings, barely even noticing it. Instead what I saw was the back of the classroom's blackboard. The feathers that used to be there were gone. Instead all i saw was sharp, cracked bones, dripping with blood. They looked cooler not even trying to cover it up, but did they still work? 

I concentrated hard, getting my wings to flap. Sure enough they worked fine, but it crackled with each flap, as if it was going to break at any moment. I knew it wasn't, but everything about me screamed danger. Fangs fully out, bones for wings that is dripping blood, the blood quenching thirst of the vampire that I am. Yet, nothing of this seemed to matter to me. 

All I wanted was Felix. Even when I decided to change, here I sat, crying to myself softly. I felt my wings cage me instinctively, and although I knew it was not helping, I felt safe. I cried my heart out, letting each scream, each groan, each whimper out without a care. I deserved this, I deserved to feel loved. 

"Hyunjin!"

A/N: HEllO i aM nOt dead nor did I forget about you guys! so sorry, it's o level year or for the most of you, I'm having my national exams this year and i've been concentrating on my studies. I decided to take a break for an hour though and write this :) I hope y'all enjoyed this. the next time i update will actually be after my national exams, if your lucky i'll find time to write a few more chaps tho :) thank you guys for continuing to support my book and I, there's no way I can ever repay you all :'( 

I completely understand if you want to stop following this book due to the slow updates, pls feel free to do so :) Those of you who still wishes to continue, I honestly don't deserve any of you :( 

Thank you all for reading, have a great week ahead :))