1.6.1

I watch Scott in amusement has he wanders around the hallway trying to dodge people. Derek had threatened him last night before he got to the hospital to stay away from Allison and I'm really glad he's decided to actually start listening to my brother. He starts going straight down a hallway where Lydia was at her locker and she turns around. "Hey Scott" She greets but he quickly turns around. "Oh come on!" He says frustratedly walking away and I chuckle.

Lydia walks over to me and immediately wraps me in a hug. "Hello Lydia" I say awkwardly as she lets go looking at me. "I'm so glad you're okay. Allison told me what happened" She explains. "Well I'm fine. Don't worry about me" I tell her. "She told me you saved her" Lydia tells me and I nod. "She was about to get hit by a car. I had to do something" I nod. "And she still hasn't even shown any affection towards you?" Lydia questions in surprise. "Lydia she's in love with Scott. Not me" I tell her with a sigh closing my locker.

She rubs my back in sympathy. "Stiles liked me though. He apparently had a huge crush on me until I told him I liked Allison" I tell her as we start walking towards class. "He did? I totally knew it" She laughs. "You did?" I question her confused. "Yep." She nods. "Well I didn't. I felt bad telling him that" I tell her honestly. "He'll get over it" She shrugs. "I guess" I nod.

~~~

I walk in the cafeteria to see Scott and Stiles sitting at one table and Lydia and Allison sitting at another. Lydia waves me over as well as Stiles. I shrug at Stiles sheepishly and walk over to Lydia and Allison taking a seat across from Allison while Lydia sat at the end. Allison was reading a book while Lydia ate.

"Hey. What are you reading?" I question Allison curiously. "It's a book all about The beast of Gevaudan." Allison says making my eyes widen as Lydia looks at her confused. "The who of what?" She questions her. "The beast of Gevaudan. Listen. 'A quadruped wolf-like monster, prowling the Auvergne and South Dordogne areas of France during the year 1764 to 1767, La Bete killed over 100 people, becoming so infamous that King Louis XV sent one of his best hunters to try and kill it.' " Allison read. "Boring." Lydia nods as I just listen in shock. Where did she get this book?

" 'Even the church eventually declared the monster a messenger of Satan.' " Allison continued. "Hmm. Still boring." Lydia tells her taking another bite of her food. " 'Cryptozoologists believe it may have been a subspecies of hoofed predator, possibly a mesonychid.' " She reads. "Slipping-into-a-coma bored." Lydia mumbles. " 'While others believe it was a powerful sorcerer who could shape-shift into a man-eating monster.'" Allison finishes. "Any of this have anything to do with your family?" Lydia questions her.

"This. 'It is believed that La Bete was finally trapped and killed by a renown hunter who claimed his wife and four children were the first to fall prey to the creature'. His name was Argent." She explains smiling at Lydia. "Your ancestors killed a big wolf. So what?" Lydia asks. "Not just a big wolf. Take a look at this picture." Allison says holding her book up for us to see. My eyes widen as I see the red eyes of the beast in the picture. "What does that look like to you guys?" She questions. 'The alpha' I thought to myself.

I look at the bodies lying under it and shudder. I look over to see Lydia intensely staring at it. "Lydia?" Allison asks confused. Her face turns into fear as she stares at it longer. "Hey. Lydia? Everything okay?" I ask her in worry. She looks up at us like she just saw a ghost. "It looks like a big wolf. See you in history, and I'll see you later Madi" She says acting like noting happened. She grabs her stuff and stands up walking out of the cafeteria.

"That was weird" Allison says starting to read her book again. "You're right about that." I nod. I look back at Stiles and Scott to see Scott hiding behind a book while Stiles talked to him. Stiles gets up angrily grabbing the textbook out of Scott's hands and starts leaving. "Hey I've got to go. I'll see you later." I tell her standing up and going after Stiles as I hear Allison call out for Scott. I knew it was a perfect opportunity to spend some time with Allison but I had to see what Stiles wanted.