2.4.2

Stiles, Scott and I sit on the stairs in the school hall as Stiles tells me Allison's message. "I'm so sorry about the other day, I'm trying. Uh. we'll get through this. Uh, I know because I love you." Stiles says and Scott smiles. I feel a smile come onto my face. "I love you more than...Oh, my God! I'm sorry Madison but I can't...You and Allison just have to find a better way to communicate." Stiles tells me.

"Come on, Stiles. You're the only one that can do this considering Scott can't talk to her either and something is wrong with Lydia. Is she coming tonight?" I ask him. "Yes, okay? Message complete. Now, Scott, tell us about your boss." Stiles says and I nod as well and we both look at Scott.

Scott looks around before leaning closer to us so no one can listen in on our conversation. "He thinks that Allison's family keeps some kind of records of all the things that they've hunted. Like a book." Scott says. Stiles claps in realization. "He probably means a bestiary." Stiles says and I nod in agreement. "What?" Scott asks confused and we both look at him. "A bestiary." I tell him.

Scott laughs as Stiles and I look at each other confused. "I think you mean bestiality." He tells me and I face palm and groan. "Nope, pretty sure we don't" Stiles tells him. "Scott are you kidding. Why does your mind always have to be in the gutters?" I ask him. "Well what is it then?" He asks us confused and offended.

"It's like an encyclopedia of mythical creatures." Stiles explains and I nod as Scott looks at us in shock. "How am I the only one that doesn't seem to know anything about this stuff?" Scott asks in anger. "Because you're new to it" I tell him. "Plus, you know, you and Madi are my best friends, you're both creatures of the night. It's kind of like a priority of mine" He explains. "Okay. If we can find it, and it can tell us what this thing is..." "And who." Stiles nods as we all look at each other in agreement.

"We need that book." We all say at the exact same time with sighs. We look at each other curiously before standing up. Scott walks a separate way than us. "Okay so you need to go ask Allison if she has seen a bestiary. Somewhere in like her father's office or maybe Gerard had something like it. And then report it back to me" I tell him. He nods and makes his way to where ever Allison is as I continue walking.

~~~

Scott and I walk down the hall waiting for Stiles to tell us what he found out. "So how are things?" Scott asks me. "What do you mean?" I ask. "You know. With you and Allison?" He asks. "Are you sure you want to talk about this?" I ask him. "It's okay. We can talk about it" He nods and I look at him hesitantly. "You won't get upset?" I ask him and he nods reassuringly.

Before I can say anything though we hear quick footsteps coming towards us and Stiles runs up to us. "Yes. Seen her grandfather with a book like that." Stiles informs us. "Okay. Um...where does he keep it?" I ask him. He starts running off again as Scott and I watch after him. "He's gonna be dead by the time this is over" Scott comments. "I know" I sigh with a nod.

We start walking again as I sigh looking down at the ground with a smile. "To be honest, I think it's going great" I tell him. "Really?" he asks. "Yep. Perfect. Other than her family of course" I shrug. "And I mean...how's the sex?" He asks rubbing the back of his neck as my eyes widen. I feel my cheeks heating up at his question.

"Jesus Scott. Way to take it to the next level" I tell him rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly. "Sorry. It just...confuses me. The whole same gender sex thing" He tells me. "Well sex is sex I guess. I mean there's no other way to describe it without making it feel more awkward." I tell him as we walk to his locker. I lean against the locker next to his as he opens it. "Sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel awkward" He apologizes. "No, no, no. It's okay. I get it." I tell him.

Stiles slams beside us out of breath. He gasps heavily as we turn to him. "She says...it has to be...office" He manages to get out between breaths. He starts groaning as Scott and I turn to think. "Does she think she can get it?" Scott asks and I nod. "Sure. But can I...borrow...inhaler?" Stiles questions him. Scott gets his inhaler out of his book bag and Stiles runs away leaving us there. "Like I said, Dead" Scott tells me and I chuckle at him.