2.11.1

I walk into the old Hale house. Derek was currently looking through books. It was a couple days after everything that happened at the station. I had used those days to have some time to myself. I was still very confused about the whole necklace thing. And I was upset because Allison was ignoring me. I walk into the room as Derek pauses for a second.

"Wondering when you'd show up" He comments, not looking up from the books. "Sorry. I've had a lot on my mind lately." I tell him with a sigh, taking a seat on one of the couches. "Where have you been?" He asks. "Not at school, if that's what you're wondering." I shrug. He glances at me. He pauses as I look over at the doorway where Erica and Boyd were stood.

"You decided. When?" He asks looking at their guilty expressions. "Tonight." Erica sighs. "Everyone's gonna be at the game. And we figured it was the best time." Boyd says. "Not everyone. I'm not, I'm pretty positive Scott's not going, I'll be surprised if Jackson goes, I don't know what's happening with Lydia or....Allison..." I tell them. "It's not like we want to." Erica says, ignoring me.

"What do you want?" Derek asks, taking a step forward. "Since I just turned 16 a month ago, I wouldn't mind getting my license. I can't do that if I'm dead, you know." Erica mumbles. "Well, I told you there was a price." Derek says. "Yeah, but you didn't say it would be like this." Boyd retorts. "Yeah, but I told you how to survive. You do it as a pack. And you're not a pack without an Alpha." Derek tells them. "We know." Boyd says. Derek turns toward them and they both look at their feet,

"Did you find another pack out there?" I ask curiously, looking between the two. "Or you wanna look for another pack?" Derek says, anger laced in his voice. Both of them look anywhere but Derek. "How are you even gonna find one?" Derek asks and the two look at each other. "I think we already did." Boyd tells him. "You think or you know?" I ask. The two look to me. "We heard howling" Boyd tells me and I furrow my eyebrows at them.

"Like all of a sudden we heard all this howling. It was unbelievable." Erica tells us. Derek looks over at me and I shrug. "There must have been a dozen of them." Boyd says. "Maybe more." Erica shrugs. "Yeah, or maybe only two. You know what the Beau Geste effect is? If they modulate their howls with a rapid shift in tone, two wolves can sound like 20." Derek explains. "Look, that doesn't matter, okay? There's another pack out there. There's got to be. We've made up our minds." Erica tells him. "We lost, Derek. And it's over. We're leaving." Boyd tells him.

"No. No, you're running. And once you start, you don't stop. You'll always be running." Derek snaps. "I'm not sure you're right about this pack. I'll go with you and if they are real I'll let you go with them" I tell them. The two look at each other as I look at Derek and nod at him. "Alright." Erica nods and I stand up as we walk out.

~~~

Erica, Boyd and I run through the woods looking for any sign of this pack they're talking about. "I don't think they're real" I tell them. "They have to be. You should have heard them" Boyd tells me. I stop the two from going any further. "What?" Erica asks. "Shhhh. Listen" I tell them pointing to my ear. It sounded like engines revving in the distance.

"Hide" I whisper yell and we all hide behind a tree. The four wheelers come to a stop near our hiding place. Allison's scent immediately fills my nostrils and my eyes widen. "Play it again" I hear the familiar voice of Chris say. I peak from behind the tree to find hunters on four wheelers. One with Chris and Allison on it. Allison clicks a button on a recorder and the howls Boyd and Erica were talking about start to play.

My jaw clenches as I turn back to Boyd and Erica who are giving me sheepish and worried looks. The hunters take off again as I look at them in anger. "You fucking idiots. You should have known it was the hunters. We have to get out of here right now. If we don't they'll kill us. And that's really terrifying considering my girlfriend is on one of those and I've seen what she can do with a weapon" I tell them. They nod and all of us start running through the woods, trying to find a way to get out.