8.0

"Are you ready for your big game tonight?" Mr. Styles asked Louis as they walked down the hallway together, which was something they had started to do after their afternoon teachings.

Louis was surprised that Friday had come as fast as it did. He was really hoping that Wednesday and Thursday would just drag out a bit and he wouldn't have to play for quite sometime.

He was actually hoping that the sun would die out in those two days just so he didn't make a fool of himself in front of his teacher, father, or the scout.

(But Mr. Styles came first. Louis definitely didn't want to embarrass himself in front of Mr. Styles.)

"Yeah."

Uhm...Hell no!

"Do you think you'll do well?"

Not while trying to impress you.

"Yeah, I should be alright."

"Louis Tomlinson, I thought that you were supposed to be the best of the best. After all, you;re team captain, right?"

"Eh, well, yeah."

God, I wish I wasn't.

"You'll be just fine. Just shake out all those nerves and don't focus on him."

"Who?"

"The scout..." Mr. Styles said.

"Oh," Louis thought, "Yeah, I forgot about him. But I don't think he'll be the problem." 

Mr. Styles didn't ask anything more. He changed the subject right back to English and how well Louis has improved. And even though he didn't want to admit it, Louis was his favorite student.

"Well, I'll see you later tonight. Get to cheer you on and all. Good luck, Mr. Tomlinson," Mr. Styles said as he waved good bye and made his way towards his car.

What the hell am I going to do?

---

Louis was dressed:

Jersey, shorts, cleats, shin guards the whole shabang.

He was ready.

"Hey."

Okay, he wasn't ready.

He turned towards Mr. Styles who had come up behind him in the gym as he was talking with Niall. "I'll see you later," Niall had said and he walked off, thinking that Mr. Styles probably had something important to tell Louis about his work.

"I just wanted to wish you good luck, you know, again. You'll do great out there!" Mr. Styles spoke as if he already knew of Louis' talents. They turned and walked towards the same door Niall just exited.

"Thanks. Good luck to you too."

Shit.

Did I really just say that?

Ugh, mental face palm!

"Yeah, I know. All of that cheering for you is hard work. I'll probably lose my voice by the end of this," Mr. Styles laughed and it made Louis feel more comfortable. 

He liked how his teacher could pull anything off as if it were a joke. 

"I better go to the sage before it's too full. I'll see you at the end. You'll do great, I promise!"

Mr. Styles began to walk out of the gym when Louis spoke up, "Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for helping me and making me better and of course coming here to cheer me on. You're not boring like others say." 

"They really think I'm boring," Mr. Styles said with a fake pout.

"Yeah, but you're cool."

"Thanks, Louis and you're welcome. Remember what I said: Act like they aren't there."

If only I could.

---

A.N. It's so short! But we'll get to see what happens in the game! (I have to do a bit more soccer research before I write though.) 

I hope this is okay. Uhm, thanks for everything! I'm sure you all know by now that I'm grateful for all of your comments, votes and love! :) -M

PERSONAL QUESTION: What is your biggest pet-peeve? 

STORY QUESTION: Do you think this story is moving too fast or is it working out alright? (I just want to make sure my pace is alright. Thanks guys!)