35.0

Harry was looking for trouble. He was literally walking into trouble when he showed up at Zayn's ratty apartment, wondering how Zayn could live in such a pit, but not giving a damn,

When the elevator dinged and the doors opened, Harry sprinted down the hallway to Zayn's place, banging on the door rapidly, having no patience whatsoever.

He really didn't want to beat Zayn's ass for no reason. That's unjustifiable and frankly, Harry doesn't work that way; there has to be a reason for every action. So he decided that he would try to come to an agreement with the a-hole and if that proved unsuccessful then he'd have to knock some sense into the pervert.

The door opened and there stood a smirking Zayn.

The stupid prick.

"Harry! What a pleasant surprise, what's up?"

"Oh would you cut the crap?" Harry interrupted, walking through the door. Zayn moved out of the way, "first things first, you dated my boyfriend before, but you never even thought of telling me that? But, no, you didn't even date him! You're such a scumbag that you used him to fulfill your own sexual fantasies. Not to mention he fact that you were the one Liam cheated with. You were the one that made me go through hell and loneliness every night. What kind of twisted person does that?"

"What kind of person has sex just to get a job position?"

Harry glared at Zayn, "I never had sex with anybody for that position!"

"Really, because that's not what Liam said."

"Liam doesn't know everything!" Harry snapped. He was losing his patience very quickly and he knew that was what Zayn wanted him to do. Zayn wanted to make sure that he was in Harry's head and could control him however he pleased; that's how Zayn had always been.

"Were you just that desperate to have people see you as more than you were? You would sleep with anyone as long as it meant you benefited, right?"

"I never did that."

"Did you feel like such a social loser that you would do anything to be seen as more than 'that kid in physics'?"

"Stop it."

"Face it, Harry, you were nothing back then and you aren't anything now. You gave your dreams up for some guy, isn't that pathetic? Obviously your dreams didn't mean that much to you or you were just so desperate for love that you would follow any guy around like a little puppy. Maybe it was a combination of both."

"I wish that Liam knew what you're like. I wish that he knew how evil you are and how you're still trying to get into the pants of a teenager!"

"Aren't you doing the same thing?"

"No!" Harry yelled. He calmed down a bit before continuing, "I don't want that. I don't want to do what you did to him. I want to love him and show that there are people that care for him and would do anything to protect him. I want him to see that he isn't what you made him think he his. I want him to see what I see in him. I just want to love him and that's all I've ever wanted."

"Well, aren't you just the perfect little boyfriend ever?" Zayn asked in a high pitched voice. He looked Harry in the eyes, "grow up and realize that you can't make him see that way. He's been raised to see himself as less than he is. He was that way when he came to me and that way when he left. Hell, he was the same way when you started dating him."

"That's not true," Harry tried to defend.

Zayn chuckled, "suit yourself, lover boy. You'll find out that I'm right. And don't think for one moment that he loves you, it's simply not true and frankly you're just wasting your time on him. You should move on, find someone better. He's a loser. Huh, now that I think about it, he's sort of like you were in high school, how interesting. Maybe you two were meant to be together."

Harry's fist made contact with Zayn's jaw twice and Zayn just laughed at him for trying to be the tough guy that thinks he can fix any problem he comes across.

"You are such a fool," Zayn stated before hitting Harry right back, "an idiot actually," he added on, turning his back to take a look at his aching knuckles.

Harry was so angry and frustrated when he started to fight Zayn. He pushed Zayn against the surface of the door. A few punches to the face, a few to the stomach, and one quick kick to Zayn's groin was all Harry managed. He spat at the floor next to Zayn, "stay away from him," he threatened and then he left, slamming the door behind him.

Stupid prick.

---

A.N. So we got a look at how defensive Harry can be and how volcanic he can be. He's not always happy, happy, happy and I think that's something that needed to be made clear. He's also had issues of his own that he's still facing and trying to put at rest.

As always, thanks for reading! Comments are always appreciated and most of the time I will reply so there's a plus! :) Love you all! -M

DEDICATED TO: @fondlouis for being amazing and making my day brighter! ^-^

PERSONAL-ISH QUESTION: Do you like seafood?

STORY QUESTION: Would you have responded the same way Harry did? Or how would you have responded differently? (Just curious to see what you guys have to say.)

Quick side note: I updated the cover! What do you think?