15.0

Harry had to get his shit together.

He had no clue what he wanted in life and it was freaking confusing. Did he want Louis? Did he want to be alone? What the hell did he want?!

He knocked twice on what used to be the door to his apartment, which reminded him that he needed to find a new place to call home, and waited for Liam to open up.

"Hey," Liam said in a hoarse voice. He cleared his throat, "Come in."

Harry tried really hard to not make the situation more awkward than it had to be and entered, "I just, you know, came for my things."

"Uh, yeah. I put everything in that big box over there. You can just take it."

Harry picked up the box, huffing by how heavy it was. Did he really have that much stuff? He looked at Liam, "Well, uh, thanks."

So much for not making things awkward.

"Yeah, well, thanks for stopping by. I guess I'll see you some other time," Liam said, holding the door open. Harry nodded his head and left without another word.

He spent yet another night at the school sleeping at his desk. He woke up earlier this time, but hurried at getting dressed (his students didn't need to see him in such a mess).

The period for first period rang and he relaxed; no body should be showing up.

"Harry? I-I mean, Mr. Styles?"

"What do you need, Louis? Aren't you supposed to be at first?"

"I always skip Frankerson's," Louis stated.

"Good to hear," Harry stated bluntly.

Louis leaned against the wall, "Anyways, I just wanted to hang out.

"I'm working, Lou--"

"And I know your working and all, but I just really wanted to talk to--Did you just call me 'Lou'?"

Louis is easily distracted.

"No, I didn't," Harry said quickly.

"Yes, you did," Louis said with a smile, "You called me Lou, you called me Lou!" He teased, jumping up and down and pointing at Harry.

"You're crazy."

"No, I'm not. You are!"

Harry shook his head, "Quit lying to yourself."

"Oh pish-posh. Anyways, I wanted to see if we could reschedule our afternoon meeting for Friday since I have plans."

"I guess. Uhm, if you don't mind my asking, what are you doing? You're not planning on getting in trouble are you?"

"No, nothing like that. I just have to get ready for something so I won't be able to show for the Friday lesson, unless of course we cut it short."

"I wouldn't want you to go without learning anything, so we'll just keep it short and simple."

"Sounds great," the bell for second rang, "I'll see you later, Mr. Styles!" Louis said with a big smile and a wave.

He couldn't wait for Friday.

"This is Ed, please leave a message after the beep."

"Hi, Eddie, it's Harry. This is call twenty-six. I don't know what you're doing, but I really hope you would pick up. Not to sound creepy, but I'm outside your apartment. Yeah. Uhm, let me in, please? Call back soon."

Harry pressed the end button and leaned back against the wall of the apartment complex, people walked by and stared, moving a bit faster once Harry looked up. He had been calling Ed for the last hour, hoping that his friend would pick up. He was seriously considering spending another night at the school at this point.

"Harry?" Ed questioned, holding a bag of groceries in his hands.

Oh thank God!

"Eddie! I was beginning to think you died or something," Harry said. He stood and gave Ed a big, awkward bear hug, "I called you twenty-six times."

"Really?" Ed laughed as he unlocked the outside door, "You should know I don't carry that piece of shit around with me."

Ed lead Harry up the stairs toward apartment 408 and turned his key in the lock once they reached it, "It's a tad messy, but nothing you've never seen before."

Ed was known to house other friends from time to time. Everyone he knew were either a.) Travelling the world and didn't want to pay for a hotel or b.) Couldn't pay last months rent and have to find a place to stay in the mean time.

Ed's place had always been disorganized and cluttered with cartons from that Chinese place that had closed three weeks ago. He wasn't one to excessively clean and in reality, he would live in conditions like these for months until his parents told him they were going to be in town and wanted to stop by. Then and only then would he crack out his container of Clorox Wipes and dish soap.

"I like what you've done with the place," Harry said sarcastically.

"Yeah, well, you know me. I'm busy, busy. There's no time to clean," Ed said, setting the groceries on the counter after making space for it to sit there.

"Yet you can't put your trash in the trashcan?"

"The trashcan's full," Ed stated. 

"Then take out the trash." 

"But effort." 

Harry rolled his eyes and sat down on he couch, or more like his bed for the next few weeks. 

"Harry, I love you mate, but why are you here? I thought things with Liam were going good last time you called." 

"Well, I lied."

Ed sighed and sat beside Harry. He was used to this by now; Harry always made things out to be better than they were, "What's really going on then?" 

"We broke up. I left. I'm here. Actually, I spent the last two nights sleeping at my desk at the school," Harry explained.

"God, Haz. Why'd you two break up?"

"Do I have to tell you?"

Ed knew very well that Harry didn't like to share things that were going on in his life. He always felt awkward and that it was unnecessary for conversation.

"No, you don't. But I just want to let you know that you can stay as long as you need. I can always use a bit of company to keep me sane," Ed smiled, "Do you want a snack or something?"

"I'm fine, but there's kind of something I want to tell you."

Ed looked at him confused, "What?"

"I-I may or may not like a student."

---

A.N. Well then. So, this is the first time (I believe) I have ever included Ed into a story so it should be fun! :) 

Thank you so, so, SO much for over 100 votes on this story. I am in utter shock. You guys just made my week! I love each and everyone of you and your comments have really helped me in making decisions for this book so I greatly appreciate it! :) -M

PERSONAL-ISH QUESTION: Like Ed and Harry, do you have any childhood friends/friends you have known for a fairly long time? (Just slightly relating back to the book.)

STORY QUESTION: How do you think Ed will react to Harry's news? AND do you think it was a good idea for Harry to tell Niall about Louis?"