46.0

Things were peaceful as Louis lay in Harry's arms...on Ed's bed. Things seemed right. They fit together so well and Harry liked the feel of Louis pressed against him. He liked the smell of Louis' hair after he got out of the shower and the size of Louis' hands compared to his. He liked everything about Louis.

Louis asked an unexpected question that made Harry swallow and turn quiet. He hugged Louis a little tighter, "why do you want to know?"

"I'm just curious, I guess. I want to know more about you. You're still a mystery I have to solve," Louis replied.

"That is a terrible metaphor. Are you sure you want to be an author?"

"You know very well that my writing is better than my speaking. No need to pick on me for that and quit trying to change the subject. Can't you ever answer my questions straightforward?"

Harry stayed quiet. Louis didn't need to know. He didn't want to tell the truth of his past when there was no need. Louis is his present and his future. Louis was all he needed.

"Can't you just leave it alone?"

"Harry, you're the one who keeps wanting me to open up, you need to return the favor."

"I don't need to return anything. I just don't want you to think I'm a loser or a prick or someone that you don't think I am. I don't want you to know about that stuff. It...It was bad stuff."

Louis sighed, "I get that, which is why I want to know so I can help you."

"You don't need to help me with anything," Harry snapped, "I'm perfectly fine."

Louis was taken aback, "it's obvious that you aren't over it otherwise you'd be more open to share," Louis rolled over to face the other direction. He pulled the covers tighter over his body and huffed, tired of all the arguing.

"Look, it's just that I'm not ready. I need to trust you."

"Oh, so you don't trust me?"

"I do, it's just that I need to feel that. I need to feel like I can trust you with anything and everything. I need to feel like I can just tell you everything about my life and you'd be there to support me in everything I do. I need to feel loved and wanted and trusted by you too."

"You just said you can't trust me."

"No, Lou, it's...God, it's not you, it's me okay?"

"Way to make this seem like a break up."

"My God, just let me speak, please. It's not a break up. And it really isn't you. I trust you, you have to believe me when I say that. I went through things and, you're right, I'm not over them. I still get the feeling that sometimes I'm back in high school. Sometimes I feel like I'm that loser from high school when the students say they hate me. And sometimes I feel less than myself when I hear the teachers talking about the way I teach and how poor it is. I need to form an unbreakable trust with you before I share something. I need to get to know you more and more to see how you might react to things. I can't tell you everything yet. But when the time comes, I'll tell you. I promise."

 Louis rolled back over, facing his beautiful boyfriend who he knew was the best thing that had ever happened to him, "I love you more and more every time I see you."

Harry smiled, "I love you more and more whenever my eyes land on you and my thoughts wander to you."

Louis cuddled closer into Harry and he smiled, "you are truly beautiful." 

"And you are the definition of charming."

.

"Wake up! I said, uh, wake up! I said can you please get out of my bed because I need to wash these sheets so there isn't any 'residue'. So, wake-y, wake-y, eggs and bake-y!" Ed sing-songed the following morning.

Harry groaned, "could you have some patients?"

"Where's the kid?" Ed questioned after pulling back the sheets to reveal a half naked Harry.

"He's taking a shower, God, could you be a bit more considerate of other people."

"Oh, here," Ed looked around the room and threw a shirt at Harry, "that should be good enough."

Harry took a look at the shirt, "this is Louis'."

"And you're point is...?"

"It's too small."

"Nothing is too small. I can fit you into that there sweater in a heart beat."

Harry rolled his eyes, "whatever, Mr. Red Head."

"Hey, Harry, I was wondering if you had any--"

Ed screeched, covering his eyes, "I guess Harry isn't the one who needs a new shirt. Can't you grab something to cover that up? My eyes, oh my eyes!" 

Louis laughed and ignored Ed's scene, "do you have any pairs of clean underwear, Harry?" 

"Yeah, check that basket with my clothes in the living room. There might be something there," Harry said. He watched Louis leave, smirking at Ed.

"I can't believe you let him walk around naked, but you don't let me do the same thing. What is this? You're such a hypocrite."

"It's not my fault Louis has a nicer butt."

"My butt is very nice, thank you very much."

Harry rolled his eyes as Louis walked back into the room wearing a clean pair of Harry's underwear and one of his t-shirts.

"Wow, you look extremely attractive right now," Harry complimented.

"Really, this is my boyfriend's shirt. He's pretty sexy," Louis grinned, climbing into the bed again.

"You two disgust me," Ed said, beginning to leave the room, "please wash the sheets on your own. I'm done trying."

Harry took one look at Louis after Ed shut the bedroom door and the two of them burst into laughter. They continued to talk and stay in bed until Harry heard Ed calling his name. Harry relucanatly got out of bed and put on a pair of pajama pants along with a shirt.

"This better be worth it, Ed," Harry complained as he made his way out of the bedroom. When he stepped foot into the living room, he automatically wanted leave.

There wasn't time for this. There wasn't a need for this. Why couldn't things ever go right for Harry? Why were things always so difficult and aggravating? Why did Harry always seem to land in the middle of trouble?

"Ah, just the fucker I was looking for. Let's talk."

---

I apologize for the extremely long wait for this update. I hope you enjoyed it.

Uhm, I have homecoming this coming weekend so that is exciting I suppose.... Yay. I'm seriously sorry for not being able to update as often. Student Leadership at school has literally taken over my life. But I hope you're all having a wonderful life! :)

I love you guys! -M

(No dedications this time around)

PERSONAL-ISH QUESTION: What's your favorite T.V. show?

STORY QUESTION: Alrighty, who's at the door ready to beat Harry's as- I mean, who do you think is patiently waiting to speak with Harry over a nice cup of tea?