16.0

"We got to up the flirting."

"Excuse me?"

"We've got to make it more believe-able. Just holding hands isn't going to cut it," Niall explained as he munched away on a bag of chips.

"You're sure? What's the next step?"

"We have to kiss."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. No. We don't have to kiss. We can do something else."

"Do you want this guy jealous or not?"

Louis shrugged, "Well, yeah."

"Then we need to kiss. It doesn't have to be anything signficant, just in front of him so he sees and then wants to push you up against a wall and make out with you."

"I don't think that will be happening anytime soon, Niall."

"Well not at this rate! I'm telling you, if we kiss, this guy will be absolutely envious."

Louis thought about it. It couldn't hurt, could it? After all, the whole point was to make Harry jealous. And Louis really, really, really wanted Harry to push him up against a wall and make out with him.

I mean, who wouldn't?

"And you're sure that this will work?"

"It works 98.999% of the time."

Louis threw some chips in his mouth and spoke, "Fine," chew, chew, "I'll do it. But it has to be Friday."

Louis played with his Rubik's cube as he walked home from Niall's.

Turn, flip, turn, turn, flip, turn the other way, double turn, flip, flip, turn, turn, done.

Goodness, Niall, at least give me a challenge.

Louis sighed as he reached his house and decided that it'd be better to enter through his window, so he did. He stood up once he got in and kicked his bag to the side; homework could wait.

He laid down on his bed and looked at the ceiling. He found faces and patterns in the paint. He got lost and almost didn't respond when there was a kock on his door, "Louis?"

Louis rolled over, "Come in, I guess."

"I just wanted to see if everything's alright," his mother explained, "You've seemed off these last few weeks."

"Everything's fine, mom. I'm just tired at the end of the day. I get physically drained from school and filling out resumes and being a part of the soccer team and life is just flipping tiring," Louis said, being over-dramatic as always. 

"My dear, you're perfectly fine. You can handle everything, I've seen you do it before. I just wanted to make sure you were okay. Nothing's going on right? You're not in a bad relationship with anybody or anything like that, are you?"

"God no, Mom. Nut uh. No way. Who do you think I am?"

"Well, I'm just asking."

Louis laughed, "I'm kidding, mom. I mean, not about the whole relationship thing, but about, yeah, you know. I'm not even in a relationship."

"You and Niall just seem really...close."

Louis laughed into his pillow then looked up at his mother, "No, no, no. Niall and I are just friends. There's nothing going on between us, I swear."

"Well, I mean, even if there were I'd be okay with it."

"Mom, please!"

"Okay, okay!" She stood up and walked toward the door, "I already talked to your father, you don't have to come down for dinner. Just stay in here and pretend to do your homework."

Louis smiled, "Thanks mom."

The door clicked shut and Louis fell off his bed as he tried to reach his Rubik's cube. He eventually got there after banging his pinky toe on the corner of his bed. He flopped down onto this stomach and  switched everything up and began to put the cube back in order.

Why can't things go back to the way they were?

---

A.N. Hey guys! (Insert smiley face here) Uhm. This is kind of short, but I just wanted to sort of slow things down a bit considering things are getting a bit crazy already (of course, it's my story, what else do you expect. I have no order whatsoever, this is something you should know! xD).

Believe it or not, I actually do have ideas for this story that I HOPE to get accomplished. (Most of the time my ideas are forgotten and I just sort of make everything else up.)

ANYWAYS, I do have plans and I still have to work them out. (Sigh) But I think this story is off to a good start and seeing you guys like it and comment and everything makes me really happy.

And I just love you guys so much.

Like so so SO much.

You all are really incredible people anddddd just *HUGS* :) (That smiley face seems creepy)

OKAY, wow you all just got a glimpse of my personality (you're welcome *winks*). Anyways thanks for over 500 reads, 100 likey-thingies anddd for all of the comments!! -M

PERSONAL-ISH QUESTION: Do you like hats? 

STORY QUESTION: What's the story behind the Rubik's Cube?