12.0

Harry didn't know what he was doing.

This was his student.

He couldn't be kissing his student, do you know how much trouble he can get into?!

Lots.

So much trouble.

And even though it felt so right, he backed away from Louis and looked him straight in the eyes, "Oh, my God. I didn't meant to. I-I, that was wrong of me. I'm sorry." Harry took another step back and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Hey," Louis reached for Harry's arm, "Harry, look at me."

"It's so wrong. Why would I do that? You're my student. Oh, my goodness you're my student and I just kissed you and I'm going to die in prison."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Just calm down. No body's going to go to prison," Louis comforted.

"That's what you say, but you don't know! What if there are cameras in this room? What if somebody's watching? Ooooh my goodness," Harry rambled.

"Okay, now I think you're just paranoid. Harry, just look at me, alright?"

Harry nodded frantically, trying to calm himself down, as he turned to face Louis who smiled weakly. He took a step forward and then wrapped his arms around Harry's neck bringing him closer, "You're okay."

Harry closed his eyes, "It's not okay."

"It is," Louis whispered as he buried his head in Harry's shirt.

Harry felt relaxed under Louis touch, but it didn't last long until he realized something he had completely forgotten. He pushed Louis to the side and went to his desk to collect his things.

"I think it's time we leave. I...I'll see you tomorrow. Have a good evening," Harry said, not making eye-contact as he left.

Harry got to the apartment as quickly as he could. He tried to figure out what he would say to Liam when asked why he was gone so long, but no answer seemed right.

He unlocked the door and threw his things onto the floor when he entered, "Liam! Liam, where are you?"

He walked around the living room, the kitchen, down the hallway, and through every room. Liam was no where to be found.

Shit.

Harry dialed Liam's number and waited as it rang and rang. He left several voicemails and even more texts asking where he was and what he was doing.

But none of those questions were what worried Harry. What worried him was who Liam was with. And there was no doubt in his mind that he was with Zayn and they were probably busy working.

Or who knows! They could be at the movies making out or at a nice dinner with champagne and bread sticks. They could be anywhere doing anything and Harry was left all alone in a hardly-empty flat, trying to figure out what he should do.

"I think you should dump his sorry ass!"

Oh, well, thank you Louis for that wonderful piece of advice.

What am I going to do?

Oh, what the hell am I going to do?

Harry continued to pace around the living room in front of the T.V. thinking of all the things he can say and do.

He can't break up with Liam. They've been dating for far too long. And what would he say?

"Oh, I'm breaking up with you because I kissed my student and we're going to see if we can work out whatever our relationship is."

Yeah, that would work out real well.

And he couldn't just push Louis away. Louis needed him and in a not-at-all-creepy way, Harry needed him too.

Ohhhh this is just so messed up!

"Harry?" Liam questioned as he sat his coat on the couch, "What are you doing?"

Oh shit, fuck, shit. Ahh, no!

"I-I'm just working out."

Liam gave him a look and crossed his arms, "Harry?"

"Well, you know, walking back and forth burns calories and it's helping my leg muscles."

"Just tell me what's going on."

Harry shook his head, "Everything's great. I...I am perfectly fine."

"Are you drunk or high or something?"

"N-no. I am just me. Just Harry. 100% Harry is me," Harry rambled, "Nothing is wrong. I am great. Good, good, good. I am soooo good."

"Harry!"

"Okay," Harry started to calm down, "I just kind of have this idea in my head and it's stupid. It's really, really stupid. Like, I know it's not true, but I can't help but think that it is."

"What is it Harry?"

"Are...are you cheating on me? I mean, you spend so much time with Zayn that you just forget about me or our plans. Some nights you don't even come home. And I've been sleeping on that couch for three months. Three months! You haven't even asked me about my day or about my kids or about anything that's going on in my life. And, and you always talk about him and his life and how he's doing. You've forgotten me," Harry exclaimed, tears already making their way down his cheeks. 

Stop crying.

Oh, my God, stop crying.

What is the matter with you?

STOP CRYING.

"Harry, we need to talk about something."

"I am right! Oh, my God, Liam!"

Okay, cry.

Just cry.

Just, that douchebag.

"It just happened!"

"You're lying! You have to be lying! You wouldn't...would you? We've been together for years!"

"I know we have, but lately we haven't been together you know. We haven't spent time together."

"And who's fault is that?"

"Both of ours, Harry! We're both at fault here!" Liam began to yell.

"Okay, well this is fine, I guess," Harry's sadness was quickly turning to anger, "You slept with Zayn and I kissed someone else. In a way we're even," Harry paused, "I really don't want to do this Liam, but maybe it'd be best for both of us: I'm breaking up with you."

Liam's face dropped, "Harry, please! I mean, I fucked up, but we can...we can still be together."

"Fucked up? Liam, you knew from the start that I felt like I was always in a competition with Zayn and you chose him over me every. Single. Time. We're done, Liam. I'll come back tomorrow to get my stuff." 

"Harry! Harry, please!" Liam begged, watching Harry grab his keys and leave. 

Where the hell am I going now?

 ---

A.N. Ahhh, poor Harry! :(

Thanks for reading, commenting and liking/voting!! You guys are absolutely amazing! Thanks so much! :) -M

DEDICATED TO: @Larrylover236 because her 'about me' (or whatever it is called) is perfect! xD

PERSONAL-ISH QUESTION: What is your favorite dessert?

STORY QUESTION: Do you think Harry actually meant to break up with Liam or did he just do it "in the moment"?