9.0

Harry stood in the stands as close as he could get to the soccer field. Everybody was absolutely insane when it came to this sport and he had no clue why.

Suddenly, he felt so out of place. This isn't where he was supposed to be on a Friday night. He was supposed to be at home grading papers and watching re-runs of sitcoms with Liam. Yet, there he was, front and center, cheering on his student that he claimed wasn't is favorite, but everyone knew the truth.

"We will now break for half-time," a voice announced, Harry ran down the stairs of the metal bleachers and collected himself so he could walk over to Louis.

Louis sat on the sidelines and wiped his forehead with a towel, trying to get rid of the sticky sweat that covered nearly every part of his body.

"You're doing well so far," Harry stated.

He startled Louis who had to catch his breath before speaking, "T-thanks. God it's hot."

"You're hot. I mean, you're just hot. Like physically hot. Like, not in that way but, you know, the heat kind of hot," Harry rambled.

Louis chuckled and opened his water bottle, "You're so interesting, Mr. Styles," then he took a sip of his drink and looked into the stands for the scout, "You think I'm good? Like good enough for college ball?"

"Y-yeah, of course. I mean, hell, you seem to be the best one out there. You got some cool tricks too."

"Tricks don't win games," Louis quoted, "That's what my father always says."

"Well, you've got talent, Louis. Of course they're going to pick you. You'd make a great college player."

Louis shrugged, looking at his feet, smiling weakly to himself, "I guess so. God," he ran his fingers through his wet hair, "What the hell am I going to do if I don't make it?"

Harry took this time to sit down next to Louis, "You're doing great! They'd be fools not to choose you. Hey," Harry gave Louis a little nudge, "Just keep playing the way you are, that's all."

"Tomlinson, get your ass over here," Coach yelled.

"That's my cue. Thanks, Mr. Styles. I'll see you at the end," with that, Louis ran across the field to join his team. 

You'll do just fine.

Just pass it to me.

Oh, my God. I'm right here.

Pass, pass, pass.

THANK YOU.

Okay focus.

There's a guy coming up the left. Dribble right then back left.

Okay.

God it's far away.

Is the field really his long?

Louis thought as he ran down the field as quickly as he could without giving up the ball.

You're okay.

You got this.

"Go, Louis, go!" he heard from the stands and he couldn't help but turn his head to face the voice, "Come on keep going!"

"What the hell are you doing, Tomlinson? Run!" Coach yelled.

Then everything started to fall apart when Louis felt himself hit the cold, hard ground.

Fuck.

---

A.N. Oooooohhhh. I hope that you're all liking the story. I just wanted to say thank you so much for over 200 reads and 50 votes. That's absolutely amazing! :)

I will have an update either later today or tomorrow!

I have also come out with a new short story and the first chapter of my rant book. -M

PERSONAL QUESTION: What is your favorite snack/treat? (I love Oreos and pretzels!)

STORY QUESTION: How is the game going to end?