45.0

"Why are you out here?" Harry questioned, pulling up his jacket before a gust of wind hit him, "it's cold out here."

"You're a wimp," was all Louis replied with. He continued on with completing his 100 sit ups.

Harry watched him, he sat next to Louis, "why are you doing this?"

"I need to stay fit. Fitness if key."

Louis got to his forty-fifth sit up when he collapsed onto his back and stared at the grey sky, "I...I don't...I can't. God, Harry, I can't do this," Louis said in frustration. He ran his fingers through his hair and down his face, trying to contain himself, "I fucking can't do this. I'm not good enough for college ball. Shit, they're right. They're freaking right about me."

"Oh...oh, baby, come here," Harry beckoned, moving closer to Louis. Louis sat up and wrapped his arms around Harry's neck, crying silently, "it's alright. And hey, they're wrong. They're fools. They don't know anything. You'll be great at college ball. And you don't need to do 100 sit ups everyday. You don't need to drink energy drinks. You don't need to starve yourself. You can eat all you want and I'll still love you all the same."

"I know you will, but he won't."

"Who, Zayn?"

"No, my dad," Louis mumbled.

For some reason Harry pulled Louis closer to him and held him just a little bit tighter when he heard those words, "he doesn't matter. He's just an old man who doesn't know what he's talking about."

"Believe me, I know he's a dick. But that doesn't stop me from wanting to gain his acceptance. I've spent nearly my whole life trying to impress this man. If I don't play next year, I'm done for."

Harry sighed. He knew there was no point in trying to argue with Louis, not with this matter. So he kissed the top of Louis' head and stared off into the distance, trying to make sense of things.

"He doesn't even know I like boys. Hell, he doesn't know anything about me because he doesn't care," Louis spoke once things became too quiet and he felt as if Harry weren't even there, but he knew he was. Harry wouldn't leave him.

"It's okay. He doesn't need to know."

"I'm just scared of what happens when he finds out, you know. I'm worried about what he'll say or what he'lll do. I've grown up with him and even though I don't particularly like him, he's still my dad and I still care about what he thinks, you know?"

"I get it. You know, I don't talk to my parents anymore because of, well, something like that. And it sucks, but if you have the right people in your life you'll be okay. I'm sure your mother would still appreciate and love you."

Louis nodded, as if trying to make himself agree with the idea. He turned to look at Harry and smiled weakly. He mouthed 'thank you' before he kissed Harry and settled back into his original position.

"I love you," Harry said, filling the silence.

"I love you, too, Harry Berry," Louis chuckled and he cuddled closer to Harry.

.

"So you're telling me that you want me to give up my bed just for you and him to be able to sleep in it?" Ed questioned. Harry nodded and Ed shook his head, "you two are animals. Just tell me this: will I need to get new sheets afterwards?"

"You're disgusting," Harry stated.

"Hey, a guy's got to ask. Why are you suddenly asking me this?"

Harry closed the cupboard door and turned towards Ed, "he was upset earlier this week and I just wanted to try and make things better and have a dinner and the ability to actually sleep in a bed. No sex included."

"Darn, I was really looking for an excuse to get rid of those ugly sheets Niall got me. You don't think that you could--"

"Ed, no. Handle your sheet problem yourself." 

"Whoa now."

"That's not what I meant. Can we get back on topic now?" 

"Yep, so you and Louis sleeping together in my bed, I guess it's fine. Just, keep the giggling down because you guys giggle too much and it's very distracting to other things I am trying to do." 

Harry rolled his eyes, "whatever. Why don't you and Niall just find some motel and sleep there. You could have sex or whatever." 

"Niall and I don't do that. We keep it at cuddles. Cuddles are nice. Sex is only for you two with your tickle kink or whatever."

"You're an idiot," Harry laughed, "we don't do that."

"Tell that to the sounds you guys make when Louis stays over. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, just that it's a little weird."

"Okay, seriously Ed, what do I do with Louis? He's playing with his cube more and more and you know what that means. He's feeling stressed or something and I just don't know how to help him." 

Harry was worried about Louis. He was worried that Louis was over thinking things that it was causing him to lose weight. He was worried that Louis wasn't focused in his other classes and it was hurting his grades. He was worried that Louis was slipping away from him and that's what scared him most.

He couldn't go from having kisses every other minute to not making eye contact at all. It hurt him to see Louis this way and to feel like he was useless in this situation.

He figured that somethings he won't be able to do for Louis. He can help him with his English homework and his applications for college, but things at home were completely out of his hands. He knew that he'd have to have Louis fight his own battles for once, but it was hard to watch that fight happen from the sidelines.

"You'll figure it out."

Boy, did Harry hope Ed was right.

---

A.N. I am pleased to announce that the title for the second book is either going to be "Rubik's Cube Therapy" or "The Athletic Trainer". I would greatly appreciate your input on which you like most. ^-^

On the side: A super cute picture of LouisAndHarry. Also, one of my favorite songs currently. :) -M

PERSONAL-ISH QUESTION: Where do you live? (Not to be stalkery, I'm just curious.)

STORY QUESTION: As we are getting closer to this story ending and the sequel beginning, what do you think the second book will focus on? [Also, please answer what you think the title of the second book should be :)]