Out of My Limit

Katie "Pidge" Holt had seen many odd cases during her brief three years as a resident at Altea Hospital. There had been that one guy during her intern year who had walked in embarrassed because he had broken his "family jewels", as he called them, while having sex with his girlfriend in a car parking lot. Then there was that one woman who had to have a surgery to remove ten different doll heads from her stomach during her second year as a resident. Granted, those were more creepy than weird, but still creepy.

However, as odd as those cases were, this one took the cake with how stupid the reason behind injury was.

"You fell off the roof of your house when you were having a lightsaber fight with your roommate at three in the morning?" She asked incredulously, looking at her patient over the rim of her glasses.

"When you put it that way, it makes me sound really stupid," he replied sheepishly.

"Because you are stupid," she said bluntly, arching a brow. "You waited until your arm looked like a bruised banana to come in at what, three hours later? And why would you have a lightsaber fight on your roof...Mr. Kogane?" She asked, quickly looking down at the chart in her hands.

Keith scoffed. "Call me Keith," he said, locking eyes with her, "and if you really want to know, it wasn't my idea. Lance here bothered me enough that I gave in. Now I'm here with a broken arm looking like an idiot."

"You're supposed the voice of reason out of the two of us!" Lance protested loudly, pouting at his roomate.

"No, that's Hunk, who conveniently wasn't home to watch us both act like idiots. It's your fault that I'm sitting here with a fucking broken arm!" Keith hissed, glaring at his roomate.

"Well excuse me for trying to be a good friend," Lance said snootily, lifting his nose in the air. "I was just trying to stop making you glare at your computer screen like you've been doing for the past week. It's not my fault that you lost your footing and slipped off the roof!"

"Yeah, well–!"

"Alright, enough!" Pidge said loudly, separating both boys from each other with her hands. "Look, if you're just going to yell at one another the entire time I'm treating you, then I suggest that one of you leave."

Keith and Lance only blinked owlishly, turning to look at each other before looking back at her.

"But he's the one with a broken arm," Lance said, quirking a brow. "How can he leave?"

Pidge pinched the bridge of her nose. "I have been up for two days running on one hour of sleep and the only thing keeping me going has been tea because I can't drink stupid coffee. Forgive me if I'm being stupid."

Keith punched his brows together. "Why can't you drink coffee? Can I buy you one? I'll send Lance to get one for you."

"Keith, stop trying to hit on the very pretty nurse," Lance said dryly. "That's my job."

"Nurse?" Pidge echoed, her brows shooting up before coming back down again, her face all pinched together in a tight scowl.

"I did not go to four years of medical school for you to call me a nurse," she spat, poking Lance in the chest with her clipboard. "I'm a third year resident in this hospital, and I won't hesitate to kick your ass if you call me a nurse one more time."

"Okay okay, geez! I'll ask before assuming!" Lance all but screeched, pushing the clipboard off his chest.

"Holy shit," Keith said in awe, watching her with a smile on his lips.

Pidge nodded. "Glad we got that out of the way. Now, you're here for a broken arm?" She asked, turning back to face Keith.

Keith licked his lips. "Y-yeah," he stuttered, still in awe of her snapping at Lance. "When I fell from the roof, there was this weird snapping noise."