Treat You Better

The first thing Keith did once he woke up was groan loudly, staring at the figure standing at the door of his bed in utter defeat.

"Before you say anything, I didn't do it on purpose."

"Really? Because according to Shiro, you tripped after trying run after me," Pidge said in an unimpressed tone.

"I didn't know the stitches would rip if I fell," Keith grunted frustratedly. "I didn't even know I was going to fall!"

"I guess you really did end up falling for her," Lance joked from his side, grinning widely from ear to ear.

Keith groaned. "Why are you here?"

"Since it was only stitches, you're allowed to go back home under someone's care," Pidge said with a false smile.

"Shouldn't I stay at least one night in the hospital for observation?"

"Listen, Keith, I told you that if I ever saw you step foot in the hospital again, I was going to kick your ass. This, me telling you to go home? It's me kicking your ass gently," she said with a roll of her eyes.

Keith shuddered. "How can someone who's two inches tall be so scary?"

"Hm. I don't know, Keith. How can someone who's two inches long be so cocky?"

Lance let out a loud snort, doubling over in uncontrollable laughter while Pidge smirked at Keith, looking extremely pleased with herself. Keith, on the other hand, looked like he wanted to disappear.

"I thought you didn't remember anything from that night," he mumbled.

Pidge grinned. "Keith, my whole point is that you can't stay here. Unless you have an actual long term illness–which you better not have," she glared, "then you can't have a permanent room."

"What if I broke my arm again? That's serious, right?"

"Keith, your arm isn't broken and you are going home," Pidge said dryly. "No excuses. Besides, you still need to recover from your concussion."

"Does that mean I have to actually hide his laptop? Because he's been using it a lot," Lance said, looking at Keith out of the corner of his eye.

"Oh, I'm aware," she said judgementaly. "Yes, you have to take away his laptop."

"Oh come on! I'm supposed to be doing research!"

"That cast isn't coming off for about a month and a half, Keith. Besides, you can type with one hand...after your concussion fades away," she said with pursed lips.

"Did you have to do surgery again on me? I mean, surgery is tough. Maybe–"

"Look, you're going home. Be thankful you don't have to stay in this hell of a hospital," she shuddered.

She picked up a chart from the foot of his bed, handing him the all too familiar papers.

Keith groaned. "Discharge papers? Again?"

"Yes, Keith, again," she mimicked. "All you have to do is sign."

"Are you saying that I don't have to read?"

"I'm saying that you have to sign your discharge papers," she said firmly, hesitantly glancing up Plaxum, who was smiling fondly in her direction.

"Plax? Are you okay?"

Plaxum blushed and nodded before looking away, shooting a glance in her general direction. She then turned back down to her papers, face pink.

Pidge raised a brow. "What was that all about?"