Something Just Like This

"Pidge?"

The woman only groaned in response, lifting her heavy eyelids open. She groaned louder as the brightness of the room filled her vision, squinting her eyes to block it out. After a few seconds, she fully opened her eyes, her vision filling with the faces of her worried coworkers around her.

Keith sat at her right, Lotor on her left, with Acxa and Shiro standing next to Keith. Matt and Veronica stood on her left with Lotor. Allura, Ezor, and Zethrid stood at the foot of her bed, everyone's eyes trained on her.

"What the fuck are you all doing here?"

"You fainted out of nowhere after having a stressful day," Matt said pointedly, glaring at Keith and Lotor. "We just wanted to check up on you and make sure that you were okay."

"Yeah!" Ezor spoke up. "You're like, one of us. You're our family, Pidge. We weren't going to just let you pass out without checking up on you."

Pidge smiled softly. "You guys didn't have to do that. It's just one simple fainting spell, nothing else. It's normal."

"Even if it is, you should get it checked out by Veronica," Lotor said gruffly. "Your blood pressure dropped. We want to rule out anything bad."

"Lotor, I'm fine," Pidge said exasperatedly, shoving away the finger that he was pointing at her with. "Keith will agree with me. Right Keith?"

"You know I don't like him, but..."

"Oh my god."

"Hey, you asked! That is my baby in there, and I just want to know if she's okay!"

"You two are so annoying," Pidge said with a roll of her eyes. "Seriously, it was one fainting spell! It's probably because I didn't have any lunch yet. That's a valid cause, right Veronica?"

"I would normally say yes, but you ate a bag of cookies in front of me before walking back into the OR with Lotor," the woman said while pushing her glasses up her nose. "Come on, Pidge. Standard procedure."

"Fine. Everyone in agreement with Veronica, raise your hand," Pidge said with a small glare.

To her dismay, everyone raised their hands.

"Ugh. Fine! But make it quick. I want to go home."

"Uh, no," Keith said with a small smile. "You're going to have dinner with us."

"With who?"

"Us," Lotor said, glaring slightly at Keith. "We realized that we never unpacked everything we bought today at the store, and we decided that we should actually do that. Besides, we have off tomorrow. We could paint the nursery while we're at it."

"There's no crib, though."

"Actually, there is one," Keith said, looking back at Lotor. "We'll talk about it once Veronica checks you out."

"Mhm. I'm going to need you to come down to the OB/GYN wing, though. I can't haul up any of the materials I need up here without disturbing anyone."

"Can we get her a wheelchair?"

"Lotor, I'm pregnant. I'm not paralyzed," Pidge grunted in annoyance, already beginning to move off the gurney that she had been lifted onto.

"Easy now," Shiro and Matt said in unison, only to be shot a death glare by Pidge.

"Veronica, make it quick. All I want to eat now is Chinese food."

"You hate store bought Chinese!"

"Well I want it now," she said crossly, pouting as Veronica helped her stand. "Do you want me to faint again?"

"I'll place the order," Lotor smiled before shooting Keith a small glare.