My Consequence

"Okay, the dinner is scheduled tonight and everyone has gotten the residents or other doctors to fill in for them," Allura said, adjusting a clip in her hair. "Are you sure we didn't forget anything?"

Shiro furrowed his brows, gently taking the clipboard from Allura's hands into his. "The little mints saying ''mint to be' are here, and so are the little guest candy bags...oh, we forgot one thing."

"Oh no," Allura groaned. "I knew I would forget something important! What is it? What last minute fix do I have to make?"

"Your bridal party," Shiro grinned, tapping a pencil on the board. "Allura, the girls have all been looking forward to this all week. It's all you've practically been talking about, and you forgot to write it down."

"I'm sorry," Allura sighed. "It's just that...I've been sort of out of loop for a while since the whole Keith and Pidge fiasco. She's been insufferably peppy—which is clearly fake, by the way—and he's been excessively broody. I dread the day when he's going to be on my service."

Shiro frowned, worry filling his eyes. "I know what you mean."

"I mean, I understand the heartbreak, but this is taking it too far. They made up, yet he's still all broody. I don't understand your brother."

"I grew up with him and I've never seen him this hung up on anything. He always bounces back after a while, but it's been two weeks and there's no change."

Allura pursed her lips, blue eyes training on the engagement ring on her finger.

"Do you think...they would have actually made it?"

"To marriage? Maybe. I don't know. Fate pulled them apart for a reason, even if we don't know why."

Allura let out a small chuckle. "Even in the worst of times you sound like a wise old man. I'm admittedly a bit afraid that our children will end up sounding like encyclopedias."

"Better to be wise than stupid," Shiro snorted, the tenseness in his face leaving.

"Of course, but I would much rather prefer that my child's first word be 'mama' than hypothalamus," Allura said.

"There are much worse first words," Shiro deadpanned.

Allura let out a giggle, raising a hand to cover her mouth. "Yes, I suppose you're correct. What do you think our baby will look like?"

"We'll just have to wait and see," Shiro chuckled, leaning down and pressing a kiss to her forehead. "All I know is we'll have cuter children than Keith."

Allura quirked a brow. "Wasn't that obvious before?"

"My child will always hang over their child," Shiro huffed before gasping. "My brother is going to be a father before me. I'm going to be an uncle before I'm a dad!"

"Takashi, sweetie, that's not a bad thing. You waited and didn't get anyone pregnant in a bar even though you used to be quite the player. I truly applaud you."

Shiro perked up. "Really?"

"No!" Allura doubled over laughing, hair bouncing as her shoulders shook with laughter. "Shiro, darling, I am so glad to be marrying you."

"You know, if this was our intern year I wouldn't have ever imagined that you and I would end up together," Shiro said, smiling fondly.

"Ah yes. Back then you were still mopey over Adam and I was being wooed by Lotor." Allura winced, biting her lower lip. "Dear heavens. Lotor is still not married and I practically already am."

"He's going to die old and unmarried, and that's what he gets for beating people up in hospitals."

"Shiro, that was two months ago."