Still Falling For You

"I think we should get her a crib," Ezor said, circling the item in the catalogue. "You know, so she can start thinking about having babies with Shiro."

"Do you have any idea how exhausting it is to handle a baby?" Pidge said, leaning back on couch. "It's terrible."

"Have you come up with any names?" Acxa asked, putting her things in her cubby.

"Nope. Lotor and Keith are terrible at giving names," she said with a roll of her eyes. "Keith suggested Baby and Lotor suggested Katie Junior. They're both idiots."

"You know, you should save the crib as a present for Pidge's baby shower," Zethrid said, stuffing her mouth with chips.

"Oh yeah! When are you having it, anyways?" Ezor asked, leaning forward on her knees.

"The baby? November if she makes it to nine months and I don't need a c-section," Pidge said with a confused frown.

"No! Your baby shower, duh," Ezor huffed. "You're like three months along right now, right?"

"Four and a half now, actually, but go on."

"When are you gonna have your baby shower? Eight months or sooner?"

"You know, people usually tend to throw baby showers for the pregnant, not throw their own baby showers for themselves," Acxa said, pulling a granola bar out of her purse.

"Oh my god!" Ezor squealed, "can we throw you a baby shower?!"

"Why would you want to do that? I'm not even seven months along yet," Pidge frowned.

"Exactly," Zethrid said. "Do you really want to sit at a baby shower all big and pregnant and uncomfortable? Why don't you have it at six months?"

"That's...not a terrible idea," Pidge said reluctantly. "But why would you guys want to throw me a baby shower? We're already planning Allura's wedding, which is like, a week after I hit six months."

"Aren't we throwing a bridal shower for her, too?" Acxa asked, looking at Ezor.

Ezor nodded. "Yeah, but that's like three weeks before her wedding. We can throw a baby shower right after!"

"So much money, though," Pidge said, looking at the other two residents. "You guys are going to spend a lot on Allura, and then a lot on me. I don't want you to go broke."

"We're going broke because we want to," Zethrid said, taking Ezor's side. "Come on, Pidge. We can even have a onesie station!"

"For the wedding?"

"No, the baby shower!"

"You three are a pain in my ass," Pidge declared wearily, closing her eyes. "Lotor started laying me off cases after I complained about being tired. I don't wanna leave the hospital four months early, though."

"Weren't you the one who was complaining about how pregnancy wasn't going to hinder you from doing what you wanted to do?" Acxa teased slightly, taking a bite of her granola bar.

"I regret being so cocky," Pidge groaned. "This is karma for running around like a maniac. You know, I never planned to get pregnant again. What am I supposed to do if they lay me off because I take maternity leave?"

"They won't," Zethrid said, stealing a chip from Ezor's bag. "You're too good for them to fire."

"Hey! That's mine," Ezor pouted.

"What's yours is mine, remember?"

"That's only for married people," Acxa said with a small roll of her eyes.