We Found Wonderland

Shiro furrowed his brows as he pushed the door to Keith's room open, looking around suspiciously when he didn't hear a single noise. It was uncharacteristic of Keith to be quiet for more than a few minutes, so hearing his hospital room completely silent just screamed that he was doing something wrong.

"Keith Akira Kogane, I know you're in here!" He bellowed, flicking on the lights.

He was stunned to see Keith sitting straight upright in his bed, clutching his chest as he stared at the opposite wall.

"Keith!"

He quickly rushed towards him, rubbing a hand up and down his back soothingly. Keith still remained there, absolutely quiet and seemingly void of life.

"What happened? Are you okay? Why didn't a nurse check up on you?!"

"Takashi," Keith swallowed quietly, silencing the man, "I'm fine."

"You haven't called me that since you were seven," Shiro said softly. "What's wrong?"

"I think I may have completely messed up my life," he drawled out, his throat dry.

"What do you mean?"

"How do you tell someone that you're the father of her kid?"

Shiro blinked slowly, staring at Keith suspiciously. "What did you do?"

"I said what I said," Keith said with trembling lips. "How do you tell her that you're the guy who she hooked up with and who just remembered that she existed?"

"Who are you talking about?"

Keith hung his head low, staring sadly at his hands. "I can't tell you unless she lets me."

"I can't help you if you won't tell me," Shiro said gently. "Who is she?"

"Just help me out here, Shiro!" Keith snapped. "I don't have to tell you who it is. Just know that she exists and that she has no idea I'm the guy who she hooked up with. What am I supposed to tell her?"

Shiro frowned. "I wouldn't know. I've never done something like that. How the hell do you forget who you hook up with? You never go out with anyone!"

"Loving the support," Keith said sarcastically. "You're being ever so helpful with my dilemma. Really. I love it."

"Hey, you asked for my help and I just told you what I know!" Shiro said defensively. "I don't sleep around. Come to think of it, you don't sleep around either. You hate every girl you meet!"

"I do not," Keith said indignantly. "Also, you should be proud I don't sleep around. I could have syphilis, but I don't. You're welcome."

"Mhm, I'm so thankful for that," Shiro said dryly. "In all seriousness, I think that if you know that you're the father of this mystery woman's baby, then you should tell her. Keeping secrets that big isn't good for both of you."

"She doesn't even remember that I exist or my name!" Keith pouted. "How am I supposed to just roll up to her and go, 'hey, I'm the father of your kid that happened during our bar hookup!'?"

"Roll up to her?"

"I'm wheelchair bound for the next week," Keith grumbled. "Pidge said I have to heal if I ever expect to go out with her."

"Out with her? Keith," Shiro grinned, "you're aware that she's dating–"

"The jackass cardio guy? Yeah, I'm aware," he said distastefully. "I really do not like that guy."

"Welcome to the club. Half of the nurses don't like him," Shiro snorted. "I think the only one who likes him is Bandor, and that's because he knew Lotor since he was a kid."