Somebody To You

"Katie, stop!"

Pidge continued to scream, seemingly frozen in place as she stared at Lotor, who was now wide awake, looking at her urgently. She didn't stop until he stood in front of her, firmly gripping onto her shoulders, face scrunching up in hidden pain from the wound in his arm.

"Katie, stop," he repeated, shaking her slightly.

"You...you're not dead?"

"No, I'm quite alive."

"But you were...you were–!"

"I was tired," he answered, shaking his head. "I'm not dead."

"But the blood! I thought you bled out or something!" she protested, body still shaking. "I thought you died, you idiot!"

"I thought that if I died, you wouldn't have such a negative reaction," Lotor teased, taking his hands off her shoulders.

"I may not be dating you, and you may be an asshole, but that doesn't mean that I want you dead," she hissed, glaring up at him. "Stop scaring me!"

"Yes, well," Lotor said with a roll of eyes, "that's lovely."

"Why'd you call me, anyways? Did you kill someone? Because if you did, I'm not getting involved with murder. I'm trying to become a successful surgeon."

"No, I didn't murder anyone," Lotor replied dryly, walking back to the toilet and sitting on it. "I attended to some business like I told you I would, and found out something crucial for the hospital. That's all."

"What could be so crucial that it causes your face and body to look like you're a punching bag?" she asked, arms folded across her chest.

"In trying to find out the truth, I was beat up by the mob protecting my father. There. Happy?"

"Wait, your dad?" she echoed in confusion, dropping her arms to her sides. "The one who you refused to donate a piece of your liver to?"

"I only have one father," Lotor deadpanned. "I called you to help me clean up this stupid cut on my arm."

"The one that let out that much blood on your floor?" she questioned, raising a brow. "Lotor, that's...the amount of blood that would need stitches."

"Yes, I know. Hence the reason why I called you," he explained, holding the gauze more tightly around his cut. "I need you stitch it up. Otherwise I run the risk of getting an infection."

"I know, Lotor. I'm a surgeon," she said with a small roll of her eyes.

She walked over towards the sink, rummaging through the medicine cabinet. She frowned and raised her hand up to the top shelf, hearing Lotor shuffle around behind her.

"The suture kit is on–"

"Third shelf, behind the extra toothbrushes," she said, brushing him off. "Yeah, I know. I used it on the chickens after the car accident, remember?"

"How could I forget?" he chuckled lightly. "I think the cashier at the supermarket thought I was insane with how many chickens I bought. How many? Six? Seven?"

"Eight, actually," she replied, a small smile tugging on the edges of her lips.

She pulled the suture kit down, then pulled out a new pair of surgical gloves from the second shelf, behind the vitamin case that Lotor stored there. She quickly tugged them on, pulling out the instruments from the container they were in.

"We don't have anything to numb it, so you might be uncomfortable," she smiled apologetically. "Sorry."

"It's fine," he said dismissively, unwrapping the wound, revealing a large slice running from his shoulder halfway down the arm.