Everybody Talks

"I think you've officially lost your mind," Allura declared, glaring at Pidge.

"I don't know. It seems kind of admirable," Ezor shrugged. "The whole dating thing seems smart. Just date them to get laid and not actually choose either one of them!"

"Actually, she has to pick one," Matt said, sitting back in his revolving chair. "She talked to our mom last night. She was all like 'Katie you are insane! You were about to get married and now you're pregnant and not married' which really wasn't funny but was at the same time."

"You know what's even more funnier? Still living with your sister when you're practically already married to your girlfriend," Pidge said with a roll of her eyes, filling out her lab work.

"What did your mom say about the whole Keith versus Lotor thing?"

"What didn't she tell me?" Pidge scoffed. "First, she yelled at me for breaking up with Lotor, but she was more mad at him for bowing out after finding out I was pregnant with Keith's kid, but she's extremely pissed about that. She was all like 'drinking and having sex isn't a solid excuse for your actions when you're cheating'."

"I mean," Allura coughed, "she has a point."

"Allura, he was drinking like crazy at that point. This was around the time when he didn't show up to work for like a week, remember?"

"Oh, of course. The whole episode during February. Alright, continue."

"Anyways, she's mad that I'm pregnant with someone else's baby, but she's not mad at Keith. She loves Keith who she apparently knew before I did," she said with a roll of her eyes. "She's not opposed to me ending up with him–"

"And neither are you," Ezor grinned.

"Please, shut up," Pidge grumbled, cheeks heating up. "So she loves Keith and doesn't blame him for what happened because I didn't tell him who I was, after all. She's mostly mad at me for not working things out with Lotor. She suggested couple's therapy until I told her that I'm dating again."

"Did you tell her that you're dating both Keith and Lotor?" Ezor inquired, tilting her head to the side.

"Oh god," Matt laughed, "of course she did! Mom yelled at her for a solid ten minutes. I counted."

"Yeah, because you're a horrible piece of shit brother," Pidge hissed. "Evil spawn."

"What are you? Angel spawn?" Matt retorted, snapping his chart shut.

"Yes," Pidge grinned, twirling her pen between her fingers. "But anyways, with the whole dating two men thing? Mom gave me the all clear after I explained that there's not going to be any sex or stuff like that. Just dating. Then she warned me to make a choice before the baby arrived so that either one could support me, which is exactly what Lotor told me."

"Yeah, last week when you patched his arm up," Ezor cooed. "How did it feel like? Was it weird walking back into the apartment you had lived in for like, two years?"

"Very," Pidge shuddered. "It wasn't really that weird, actually. I felt right at home, and when we talked, I could've sworn that it felt like old times. I felt so happy and excited and just...I felt like how I did before the accident happened."

Allura frowned. "Oh no. You're falling for him again!"

"I am not! I just...appreciate the both of them and want to give them an equal chance," Pidge mumbled, glancing back down at her chart.

"Not to be the bearer of bad news, but your boyfriend is coming this way," Ezor whispered, taking a long sip of her tea.

Pidge furrowed her brows, looking up in the direction where her colleagues were looking in. She let out a sigh of relief, her shoulders dropping as she met Keith's eyes, his face lighting up when he finally caught her attention.