Chapter 1

Cindy's POV:
"Go in your room you disgusting disgrace!!" My dad yelled hitting me in the face making my mom laugh. They were drunk and it was the scariest thing. My hand immediately covered my face hoping that he wouldn't hit me again. I was crying and I felt weak. I quickly ran upstairs and locked the door.

"Why me? What have I done to deserve this?" I asked myself as tears rolled down my cheeks. You're worthless, no one likes you. My mind said making me shiver instantly. I feel powerless. There's no way out and no one is there to help me. I need to get out. I can't live like this anymore, I just can't. I got up and grabbed a duffle bag. I threw in some clothes, makeup and my phone. I quietly tippy toed downstairs hoping that my dad wouldn't come up to me and hit me again. I looked around the corner and saw them sleeping on the couch. A sigh of relief escaped my lips. I looked to my right and saw my dads wallet on the counter. I gently grabbed it and stole a few dollars. I took one last glance at my parents and I made my way outside.

"I'm free" I said breathing in the fresh air while the tears escaped my eyes.

-

Shawn's POV:
"Yeah I'll be there Andrew" I said ending the phone call. He reminded me that I had a meeting later today for the upcoming tour in 2019. The meeting wasn't until 8 pm and it was only 5 pm. I decided to drive around Toronto for a while. I attempt to do that a lot when I'm bored and I somehow still can't get enough of it. I like driving and seeing different people from all around the world I guess. As I was driving I saw a brunette girl sitting on the cold concrete near the driveway. She was crying and it looked as if she was looking for help.

"Shit" I said underneath my breath. What do I do now? Should I walk up to her and ask her if she needs help? What if she's a fan? I decided to go for it. She's clearly upset and I really wanted help her. I parked my car and stepped out closing the door behind me. I slowly walked towards her and saw tears rolling down her cheeks. She heard me and looked up. I could see the sadness and pain in her eyes.

"Hi" I said kneeling down in front of her but she didn't say anything, she looked down and I saw more tears falling down.

"Are you okay?" I asked hoping that she would answer this time but still nothing. I sat down next to her and didn't say anything. Little sobs escaped her lips making me look at her again. I didn't know what to do so I just pulled her close to me and that's when she completely broke down in tears. This girl is broken. Her arms wrapped around my neck making me pull her closer to me. I didn't even know this girl but this is what she needed. She needed someone to hold her and tell her that it's okay, that she's safe.

"Ssst it's okay, you're safe now" I said gently swaying from left to right. We stayed like that for a few minutes until she calmed down. She unwrapped her arms around my neck and wiped away a few tears.

"I-I'm sorry" she stuttered looking at me. I looked her in the eyes and there it was again, the pain, the sadness. I gave her a soft smile

"Hey it's okay, don't ever apologize for something like this." Her eyes softened and one last tear rolled down making me gently wipe it away with my thumb. She got off of me and sat back down.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked making her look at me. She played with her fingers and bit her lip. She was nervous. I got the hint that she didn't wanted to talk about it yet and I respect that.

"Can I at least bring you home?" I asked making her shiver right away.

"Uh-uhm no t-thank you" she stuttered again. I raised my eyebrow and that's when it hit me. There must be something going on with her home situation.

"I-I don't got anywhere else to go" she said trying to warm up her arms with her hands. I took off my jacket and put it over her shoulders. What should I do? Do I bring her home with me? Okay you know what, I have to. I can't leave her like this especially since the weather is extremely cold and there are so many fools around this area.

"Please come with me to my condo" I offered her. She looked up and she looked scared. I chuckled and held her hand

"I won't do anything. I just want you to be safe and warm" I said making her smile a little. There we go. One step at a time. She thought about it for a while and finally gave in.

"Okay." Thank god.

A/N
So basically for the ones who don't follow me on Instagram (realisticcams) I'm currently doing a series and it's called broken. And I though why not share it on wattpad as well! So here ya go and I hope you'll like it!

Vote if you liked this part!!

Word count: 925