Chapter 5

Shawn's POV:
"They're gone.." the police said making my heart sink to the bottom.

"What?!" I said frustrated.

"We're sorry, we checked the security cameras and saw that they ran off before we got there. Don't worry we got photos of them so we'll keep an eye on them" the police officer said before walking away. I heard Andrew say a quick 'thank you officer' and he looked at me.

"What do we do now huh? I can't leave her alone now" I said looking over at Cindy. She stared at the wall with an empty look on her face. Her rosy cheeks turned pale and her body almost collapsed onto the floor. I quickly ran up to her and held her close to me hoping that she wouldn't faint.

"It's okay, it's okay" I said holding her waist.

"Okay you know what Shawn it's not going to be okay" Cindy said with tears in her eyes.

"My abusive parents are still there and they will find me" she said fully on sobbing now. I grabbed the back of her neck so that her head was on my chest.

"Can you hear my heart beat right now?" I asked her.

"Yeah it's going super fast" she answered while putting her hand on my chest.

"Wanna know why? It's because this scared the living shit out of me. I can't imagine you getting hurt.  My heart beats faster every time you're around." I said making her look up at me.

"I know I just met you a few days ago but I care so much about you already" I said wiping a few tears away.

"I won't let anything happen to you.." I said as our foreheads touched.

"Please promise me one more time?" She said holding up her pinky. I chuckled and intertwined our pinky fingers.

"I promise" I smiled making her kiss my cheek. My cheeks turned dark red and Andrew scraped his throat. Totally forgot that he was here tf.

"Hey Cindy, I'm Andrew. I'm Shawn's manager" he said shaking hands with her.

"Hi" she said shyly while grabbing my hand nervously . She really got trust issues poor baby.

"Uhm Shawn can I talk to you for a second?" Andrew said scratching the back of his neck.

"Yeah sure, Cindy I'll be right back okay?" I said as I turned around to look at her. She nodded and let go of my hand. I followed Andrew and closed the door behind me.

"I see how much you care about her and I know that you don't want to leave her alone" he began.

"So how about you take a break from everything just for a few days?" He said making me look at him

"You don't have any plans scheduled anyway and you deserve a break Shawn" he said patting my back.

"Thank you so much man, I appreciate this so much and I'm glad that you finally realized why I took her home with me" I said looking down.

"Yeah I get it and she seems super sweet even though she literally backed up  after I introduced myself" he said laughing making me crack a smile.

"Yeah sorry she got major trust issues" I said looking at him again. He nodded and stood up.

"I'll text you when you're needed again" he winked at me before walking away. I looked at my phone and saw that my mom texted me asking when I'd come home.

"Shit I totally forgot about that" I whispered to myself. I dialed her number and she picked up immediately.

"Hey baby" she said making me smile.