Chapter 29

Shawn's POV:
It's been a few days since the court meeting and I can already tell that Cindy is living her best life. Cindy and I have been enjoying each other's company and we often go back to Pickering to my parents house because we both love going there.

But that's not the only reason why I'm constantly going back home. I mean I could've stayed in the condo if I wanted to but I actually planned something for us. So since Cindy has been through so much stress I wanted to surprise her again.

Cindy hates it when I surprise her because she doesn't want me to spend all my money on her but I want to. So Cindy always talks to my mom about places she wants to visit and that's exactly why I need her help.

"Hey mom" I said as I entered the living room. It was early in the morning and Cindy was still lying in bed so this was the perfect moment to talk to her about this.

"What's up honey?" She asked me as I cuddled up to her.

"I need your help" I continued making her raise up her eyebrow. After I explained the plan she smiled and kissed my temple.

"It's Maui, Hawaii" she said making me grin.

"Thank you and I have one more question" I said getting nervous.

She hummed making me more nervous. I can't believe I'm about to say this but here it goes. I grabbed her hands in mine and took a deep breath.

"Honey are you okay? You're scaring me" my mom asked with worry in her voice. I chuckled and shook my head no. 3,2,1 go.

"It may sound ridiculous and too early but you know how happy Cindy makes me right?" I began making her nod her head.

"And you know how in love I am with her right?" I asked her making her nod her head again.

"I can't picture my life without her and I already took the first step and that was by making her be my girlfriend" I continued making my mom smile bright.

"I uhm-" I paused getting more nervous by the second. Before I could say anything my mom stopped me and held my face.

"You wanna spend the rest of your life with her don't you?" She asked as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Yes I do mom" I said getting emotional too.

"You have my permission baby and I'm sure your dads too" she sobbed making me pull her close to me.

"My son is growing up and it's the most beautiful and saddest thing to see and the same time" she said cracking a little laugh making me laugh too. My life is about to change forever and I'm more than ready for it.

Cindy's POV:
"Shawn" I said as I turned around only to feel an empty spot. I frowned and slowly stretched my arms. I love doing that in the morning gosh. I quickly slipped on one of Shawn's big hoodies and headed downstairs. I opened the door to the living room and saw Shawn in Karen's arms asleep. I smiled and Karen tapped the spot next to her.

"Come here" she mouthed making me giggle. I tippy toed towards the couch and sat next to Karen giving me the chance to admire Shawn's beautiful face.

"I love him so much" I said to Karen as we looked into each other's eyes. Her eyes filled with joy and my heart fluttered.

"I'm so happy that he found the perfect girl. Cindy you're something special. He hasn't been this happy in forever and of course his fans are one of the reasons but you" she paused looking at his face.

"You bring the best out of him and he can't stop babbling about you" she laughed making me laugh along with her.

"He's genuinely happy, thanks to you"