Chapter 34 - sequal

Cindy's POV:
*1 year later*

"Babe get your nice ass over here" I giggled as I grabbed the plate with the big cake on it. Our baby girl turned 1 year old today and it's been the craziest journey ever to both Shawn and I.

The first few months were the hardest because she's our first baby and we both have zero experiences with taking care of a baby but with a lot of help from Shawn's parents, family and his crew, we managed to get the hang of it.

Seeing Skylar grow more and more every single day was absolutely amazing but that's not the only thing that amazes me. I'm absolutely over the moon to have such an amazing man who takes good care of his daughter. Shawn is handling this so well with his job as an artist and his job as a parent. I love that and I'm proud of him. You could really say that Skylar changed both of our lives for the better.

"Okay I'm here" Shawn said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Geez what took you so long?" I said playfully rolling my eyes.

"Well I saw this cute photo of a girl with her 1 year old daughter on the gram and I just couldn't look away" he said in his baby voice making me blush.

"Gosh I love doing that" he said caressing my now red cheeks. I quickly pecked his lips making him smile.

"C'mon now we have to wake up our princess" I said as I turned around making him slap my butt.

"Shawn!" I gasped making him put up his hands in defense.

"What?" He asked dumbfound making me giggle. Guys will always be guys now won't they?

Shawn slowly opened the door and we both smiled at each other, still completely over the moon that she is ours.

"1, 2, 3" shawn and I both whispered.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday little pumpkin, happy birthday to you" we lightly sang as we approached her bed. She smiled and stretched her arms out.

"How old are you?" Shawn said in his cute voice as he took her out of her bed. He wrapped his arms around her tiny body and cuddled her tight yet really gentle so he wouldn't hurt her.

"How old are you" I repeated the question kissing both Shawn and Skylar's head. She put up her index finger showing that she was one years old today and it was the cutest thing ever.

-

Shawn's POV:
Gosh I can't believe that it's already been a whole year since we first got to see and hold Skylar. I've already been very blessed with my singing career and all and I absolutely love doing it and I can't wait to go on tour again but I never thought I could love someone as much as Cindy and Skylar. They both changed my life forever.

"Stop growing please" Cindy said kissing Skylars cheeks multiple times making me smile bright. Skylar looks so much like Cindy, it's insane but I love it.

Whenever I wake up to Cindy sleeping, I love to admire her beautiful bare face. I know it may sound creepy but I've been doing this since day one and now that she's my wife, I'm lucky to do this every single day now. I love her so much and I'm a lucky one to have found the perfect girl.

"Shawn?" Cindy said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Mm?" I hummed siding my eyes a bit.

"I asked if you wanted to get the presents for Skylar and bring it downstairs" she giggled as she changed skylar's diaper. I nodded and did what I was told. I can't wait to see Skylar's face expression when she opens the presents we got her.

-

Cindy's POV:
Skylar is not the only one who's getting a present today. I found out about something and I haven't told anyone about this yet because I first wanted to tell Shawn about it. I've been trying to tell him this for a week now but I was too nervous and I thought today would be the perfect opportunity to tell him.

I went to the store earlier this week to buy all the supplies that I needed for this "present" and I'm not gonna lie, I cried my eyes out when I found out about this. I couldn't be happier and I hope he will like it just as much as I do.

"All done" I said tickling Skylar's belly making her laugh. I picked her up and slowly walked down the stairs and opened the door to the living room.

"Oh my gosh look Skylar" as I pointed out to all the presents on the ground. She giggled and started clapping her hands making both Shawn and I smile again. I put her down and she tried to open her first present but it obviously didn't work. With a little bit of help from Shawn she finally opened it and it was a huge castle play set toy and she seemed pretty excited about it because she started babbling and clapping so damn loud.

A few presents later there was one little box left. "I don't remember buying this do you?" Shawn asked confused as he looked at the box in his hands. Cause it's for you that's why.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Shawn asked me giving me a funny look. I looked down and bit my lip.

"It's uhm-" I began but stopped myself immediately.

"It's for you.." I finally managed to say as my cheeks turned a bright red color.

"Me? Why? it's not my birthday yet honey" he laughed making me crack a smile too.

"Just open it babe" I smiled and that's what he did. He slowly opened the box and immediately dropped it out of his hands when he saw what was inside. Adrenaline was pumping through my veins and I started to get sweaty. Please say something Shawn.

His eyes landed on mine and I could see tears rolling down his beautiful cheeks. He stood up and without saying a word he picked me up and crashed his lips against mine.

"I can't believe this" he said as he gave me another passionate kiss. I smiled and quickly wiped away his tears.

"Me neither baby, me neither" I said as I rested my head against his.

-

Shawn's POV:
I never saw this one coming but I'm absolutely thrilled about it. I'm already blessed to have two beautiful girls in my life and I wouldn't want to share my life and my crazy journey with them but there's something else I have to tell you now the news is out there.

"I'm going to be a dad again!!" I yelled in excitement as I spun Cindy around making Skylar giggle. I'm happy, we're happy and that's all that matters to me. I'm excited for what the future has in store for us.

The Mendes family.

A/N:
Well guys this was the short series!!!! I had a lot of fun writing this and I hope that you guys enjoyed reading this series!! ❤️❤️😊

What was your favorite part? Let me know!!!

Vote if you liked!!!

Word count: 1220