Chapter 20

Cindy's POV:
All I remember was that I blacked out and that I somehow ended up in the hospital. I have no clue who brought me here and for how long I've been here already. The worse thing out of all is that I'm trapped in my own body and I couldn't get out. There was this man with a very familiar voice and he hasn't left my bed in god knows how long. I must know him but I couldn't quite put my finger on it who it was exactly.

I heard everything what the people in the room said and I knew that they would do some tests to see if I would react to them. This was my chance to let them know that I was still here and that I was trapped.

"Okay Shawn I want you to hold her right hand okay?" I heard the doctor say. It's him, Shawn. Flashbacks came back and that's when I knew who he was. He was my boyfriend. The one that made me smile and the one who treated me like a princess. It really was him. I felt him hold my hand and my heart fluttered. The way his strong strong hand fit perfectly into mine still mesmerizes me every time.

"I will ask her something and if she squeezes your hand, that means that she's here with us and that she's listening!" The doctor said again. I could feel that he was nervous and I couldn't help but be nervous too.

"Cindy squeeze Shawn's hand with your right hand if you're here with us today" the doctor said. As much as I wanted to squeeze his soft hand, I just couldn't. I tried so hard and I just wanted to scream his name and tell him that I was here and that I wasn't going to leave him any time soon but I just couldn't. I wasn't strong enough. I felt weaker than ever and I knew that this was the end of my life but I'm not giving up yet. I'm going to fight not only for myself but I'm also gonna fight for Shawn. I'm gonna fight for the love that we cherish. I'm gonna fight for our relationship, I'm gonna fight for us.

The doctor asked me the same question a couple of times and I tried my best to do it but it just didn't work. I needed something that would encourage me and something that would make me work harder.

"What does this mean?" I could hear Shawn say.

"It means that she is brain dead" the doctor said making me shocked.

"No no please try again please" Shawn begged holding my hand tighter. I heard the doctor say it one more time but this wasn't the strength that I was looking for.

"Cindy it's me Shawn." Yes, this is what I needed. I needed to hear Shawn say the words to me.

"please squeeze my hand with your right hand please." He said. I tried to dig my nails into his skin but it didn't work. I needed to hear more.

"I know you're there" he continued. I felt myself getting stronger and stronger but I wasn't there yet.

"I know you're strong but you just need to prove it first" He finished and that's when I found my strength again and I finally managed to squeeze his hand. I'm still here and I'm stronger than I've ever been.

"Oh my god she squeezed my hand, she squeezed my hand!!" Shawn repeated out of happiness. A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. They finally noticed me and I'm glad that Shawn was here by my side. He really is an angel sent from above. He was the reason that I found my strength back. I can't wait to admire his beautiful eyes again and to play with his beautiful brown hair. Oh and let's not forget his big plump lips. I can't wait to crash my lips onto his again. I can't wait to wake up.

-

Shawn's POV:
She squeezed my hand. I knew she was still here and I knew she was strong enough. All the assistants surrounded the bed with their mouths wide open.

"I never thought she would make it but It looks like she's still here" the doctor smiled at me. I smiled back and stared at Cindy's face.

"I knew you could do it, I'm so proud of you baby" I whispered kissing her nose lightly.