Chapter 6

(Trigger warning ⚠️: mental and physical abuse)

Cindy's POV:
One hit turned into a second and soon enough my face felt numb.

"Stop please, you're hurting me" I said begging my dad while getting on my knees as tears escaped the corner of my eyes. He grabbed my hair and pulled me up making me yell in pain. He didn't show any signs of emotions whatsoever. His eyes were dark and full of anger. I didn't know who this man was anymore. He used to be so loving and caring but now he's a total different person, he's a stranger to me. I soon felt a stern hand around my throat making me reach for air my back hit the wall that was near the stairs and I was trying to get his hands off of me.

"Pl-please" I managed to say. He let go of me making me cough immediately.

"You're worthless" He said pushing me off the stairs. My weak body rolled down the stairs and my head hit the hard floor. I heard him walk off the stairs and blood was pumping through your veins.

"No! Please don't hurt me anymore!" He touched my shoulder and all I could do was scream.

"Cindy wake up!" I heard Shawn say with worry in his voice.

"No please leave me alone!" I said trying to hit him.

"Cindy stop wake up!! It's me Shawn" he said trying to keep me under control. I woke up drenched in sweat and tears. My breathing was abnormal and I felt dizzy.

"Breathe Cindy " Shawn said holding my cheek making me look at him.

"Is everything alright?" Karen said as she and manny stormed into the room in shock. I didn't look at them because I felt bad for waking them up. Shawn didn't say anything either but I saw him shake his head that they had to go away. They soon left and it was just us again. Shawn stood up and went to the other side of the bed where I was siting. He kneeled down in front of me and lightly kissed my hands making me shiver. He looked at the time and it was only 3:30 am.

"How about you and I go downstairs for a bit?" He suggested making me nod my head. He stood up and held out his hand for me to grab it. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and slowly grabbed his hand. We slowly walked downstairs and I sat down on the couch. Shawn grabbed a blanket and sat down behind me.

"Alright you can lay down" he said making me nervous.

I gently laid the back of my head against his chest and he slowly covered our bodies with the blanket. His fingertips traced little circles on my stomach making me shiver. I've noticed that he turned on the little fireplace and it was peaceful to look at.

"I know you don't want to talk about what happened but I just want you to know that you're strong, beautiful, funny and so much more. Okay?" He said. I grabbed his hand and started playing with his fingers. He buried his head into the crook of my neck and kissed it. I closed my eyes enjoying this moment. What is going on with me? Do I like him as more than just friends? Nah I don't think so. He kissed my neck another time and this time I laid my head back giving him more access. He kissed it once more and he lightly bit it this time. I bit my lip trying to keep it together. I liked this feeling I can't deny that.

"We probably should sleep now" Shawn said showing me the time. 4:30 am. I nodded and snuggled up to him. He wrapped his strong arms around me and kissed the top of my head.

"Goodnight gorgeous"

"Goodnight Shawn" and soon enough darkness took over.

Shawn's POV:
I heard a soft clicks as if someone was taking pictures.

"Look at how cute they are together manny" I heard my mom whisper to my dad.

"I can tell that Shawn's in love with her" he whispered back.

"You know I can hear you guys right?" I said opening one eye. They chuckled and ran to the kitchen. Goofs. I rubbed my eyes trying to wake myself up. I looked down and saw Cindy still asleep on my chest. Her hair was all in her face and it made me smile. She looked so damn beautiful and adorable. "Cindy wake up" I said wiggling a bit so she would wake up.

"5 more minutes please" she groaned while burying her head in the crook of my neck.

"Wake up for me please?" I asked her. No reply.

"Okay then I guess I have to tickle you" I said making her stand up immediately.

"I'm up, I'm up don't do it" she said almost falling over making me laugh. She gave me a death glare and went to the bathroom giving me the time to think about things we could do today. Since she had an anxiety attack last night I thought it would be great to take her somewhere just to get her mind off of things.

"What should we do?" I asked myself. Ice skating that's it! I immediately texted Brian since he works there. He texted me back that it was all good, I immediately got up and went upstairs to tell Cindy.

"Hey goof, get ready we're going somewhere" I said winking at her.

"Where to?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out" I said poking her cheeks. She smiled and got ready. Half an hour later and we were on our way to our destination.

"Can you at least give me a hint?" She asked looking at me.

"Nope" I said popping the 'p'. She rolled her eyes and looked out of the window. I placed my hand on her thigh and squeezed it

"but you'll love it" I said making her blush. 20 minutes later and we arrived at the ice skate rink. I texted Brian that I was here. I got out and ran to the other side. I opened her door and immediately blindfolded her.

"Really? Is it necessary?" She asked annoyed making me shush her. I held her hand and we made our way to the entry. Brian opened the door and his mouth dropped.

"She's hot" he mouthed winking at me.

"Shut up" I mouthed back making him crack a smile. I grabbed the ice skates that Brian already picked out for us and walked to the little couch.

"Can I take my blindfold of now?" She asked getting impatient.

"Yes you can" I said biting my lip. She took her blindfold off and gasped.

"Shawn I've never been to an ice skate rink before" she smiled. She likes is thank god.

"But there's one problem, I can't skate for shit" she said laughing. I chuckled and grabbed her ice skates putting them on for her.

"I'll help you okay? One step at a time" I winked while putting my skates on. I stepped on the ice and skated around for a bit.

"Damn this feels good to be back on the ice again" I said. I looked back at Cindy who was still standing out of the rink. I laughed and skated towards her.

"Alright grab my hands" I said holding out both my hands. She smiled nervously and grabbed them. I pulled her on the ice and she let out a little scream.

"Holy shit" she screamed making me laugh. I stood in front of her slowly pushing her to me while I skated backwards.

"I'm skating" she smiled scrunching her nose. I want her to try it herself but she was still too scared to do it herself so I decided to stand behind her. I put my arms around her waist just to stabilize her. We skated for a while and I slowly let go of her and there she went.

"Oh my god Shawn look, I'm skating all by myself" she said proudly. I clapped my hands and whistled. Out of nowhere romantic music started playing and Cindy lost her balance. Brian god damnit. I quickly made my way towards her and caught her in my arms. Her hair still touching the ice. We stared deep into each others eyes and my eyes landed on her big plump lips. I felt her do the same and I licked my lips. I'm craving her lips. This is my chance.

A/N
Gonna upload a few more today xx
Hope y'all like it and vote if you did!

Word count: 1455