Mei x Zarya: A Small Crush

Nothing like a big Russian lady being paired with Satan

Reader POV:

So it was any regular day in Overwatch: Tracer was up bright and early, Hanzo was brooding, and everyone else were in the cafeteria. Mei walked on over to Mercy with her breakfast plate of eggs and bacon (idk any ethnic breakfasts so you can imagine a complicated ethnic dish if you like). 

"Good morning, Mei. Did you sleep well?"

"I did despite the studying and paperwork. It's pretty stressful sometimes."

"I agree. Genji had a malfunction in his arm that made his ninja stars jammed. I had to remove his arm and work on it for three hours."

"That's terrible, Angela!"

"Oh, it wasn't that bad. It pays to see him happy since he has adjusted to his new body. That's the whole reason why I became a doctor after all."

"True."

Then Mei's chocolate brown eyes looked out in the distance to see a woman with vibrant pink hair. Her muscles were massive, she looked as if she could bench-press Reinhart. Mei's mouth dropped.

"Mei? Are you ok?" Angela then look in the same direction as Mei, seeing the strong pink woman. She turns to Mei with a smirk painted on her face. "Looks like somebody likes the new recruit, eh?"

Mei broke from her trance and looked at Angela in shock. She felt the blood rush to her cheeks, "N-no its not that! It's just her muscles are impressive! I-I don't even know her yet!"

Angela laughs, "No need to be flustered, I didn't know you liked woman."

"Neither have I..." Mei wandered into her train of thought, was she bi?

"It's ok, Mei, I support you! Everyone else will, too!"

"But that's not it! I can't have a crush, not when I'm knee deep in research papers!"

" Why don't you introduce yourself to her? I'm sure maybe getting to know her more will probably help."

"Great idea! Thank you, Angela!" Mei then took off to see the strong woman.

But as she drew closer, she could feel her (cold blooded) heart beating out of her chest. Her fingers were sweaty, mind shuffled, and was an overall anxious mess. Mei let out the breath she was desperately holding on to, "You can do this." she mumbled.

Now relaxed with a bit of confidence, she went up to the new recruit.

"Hi, you must be the new recruit. I'm Mei! It's nice to have you join Overwatch."

The pink haired lady looked at her with her dark green eyes, a bit of blush appeared on her cheeks.

"Oh mother Russia." she mumbled under her breath.

"W-what?"

"Um- I'm Aleksandra Zaryanova, you can call me Zarya for short." Zarya's grin made Mei's heart melt (and then Mei died because her heart couldn't handle the heat and it was 4 sizes too small THE END. lol not yet psych.) "I was actually going to go to the gym, do you want to come?"

Mei had to make a decision :

love life or work life?

But the answer was simple so she just said yes to Zarya.

Now they're gym buddies and Mei is buff. They're also girlfriends and take couple selfies of just them flexing. They are the ultimate power couple and everyone is afraid of them. Talon hasn't laid a finger (or should I say talon) on them ever since cause that's how afraid they were.

Because they're scary that means they have time to cuddle and go out together. Yay! 

Also Snowball's dead, Zarya flushed him down the toilet cause she don't trust Omnics or robots. Even the adorable ones. She told Mei it was an accident, but it was really on purpose.

THE END

Author's Note Thingy:

Yea so I tried being a bit serious but I just ended up not being serious at all. I really just wanted to put something out for you readers to read. And I want to write about different types of ships because most of my ships that I ship are basically McCree..... And I really like McCree.... So yea I'm holding back on turning this Overwatch x Reader into a full fledged McCree saga.

 So yea I'm holding back on turning this Overwatch x Reader into a full fledged McCree saga

I have thought about doing requests. Like I would of done it if I remembered to start the whole book fanfiction thingy with requests. So I guess I'll make a separate part story page thingy asking for requests to help with my High Noon addiction. So look for that and comment the ship you want me to set sail uncannonly. 

And also thank you people so much for reading! I really appreciate that people read this and yea thank you a lot!

Ok now my whole spiel is over.