Reinhardt x Male Reader: Settled Over a Pint

"Can't we just settle this over a pint?"-Shrek(2001)

Requested by @SupportGrim

It had been too long since we both went out on a night like this: a nice breeze coming in from the window that was cool enough. The seasons were changing; summer was almost over. Reinhardt would be deployed to another place around the world soon, so we decided to cherish this summer we had together. Hitting up the local pub was his idea, saying that "It's been far too long since we've been out for some beer." He was right, we haven't really been out drinking in a while. Normally we'd settle for an Angry Orchard bottle with some popcorn over a cheesy romcom. This night had to be special, a night to remember.

"We'll both have two of you finest beers." Reinhardt tells the bartender as she pulls out two glass beer mugs and puts them over one of the spouts built into the brick walls.

Reinhardt nudges me with his elbow, "The special part about this place is that the beer is made here."

"Really?" The two glasses were placed down before us, we both thanked her before lifting up the glass to our nose. The pungent smell beer normally had remained, but with a fruity scent to it.

Reinhardt hummed, "A toast." He raised his glass, "To a relationship that will grow stronger everyday, even when we're apart."

I grinned, "I second that." I clinked his glass with my own. We both put the beer up to our mouths, taking a gulp of the beer. It tasted like a berry smoothing with an insane amount of pepper was added in. I scrunch my nose, wanting to get the disgusting flavor out of my mouth. My eyes immediately went to Reinhardt, who's eyes looked like they were gonna pop out of their sockets. He immediately spat out the beverage, making me choke on the beer from laughing.

"Are you alright, sweetheart?" His hand patting my back gently, despite its abnormal size.

"You should have seen the look on your face!" I giggled just at the thought of it.

"The beer here is nothing but putrid! My reaction was justified!" He exclaimed. Man, he can get offended so easily.

"I think it was cute." I grinned as I grabbed hold of his hand, "But it was also very funny."

Rein pouted his lips, "I'm sorry for bringing you to such a horrible place."

"Hey now," I squeezed his hand, "The night is still young. We can go somewhere else."

"But, I want this to be special."

He always seemed to go big with his dates. There's a part of Reinhardt that strives for the best, especially when it comes to the people he loves. If I wanted something as simple as chocolate, he would search for the best brand in the store. It was nice being treated like a king, but-

"I don't mind not going to a fancy bar or anything like that. As long as I'm with you, then everything is special."

His frown then turned into a pleased grin. Putting my hand on his cheek, I pulled him into what was meant to be a quick kiss. Reinhardt's arm snuck around me, pulling me in closer into his lips. His beard tickled my face in the process. As we pulled away, we both found ourselves sharing a smile.

"Where do you think we should go, honey-bear?"

I rolled my eyes playfully at the nickname, "I'd say a trip to the 7/11 for some good beers and to take a stroll to the park."

"Sounds wonderful." He gave me a chaste kiss before we got up from the bar stools. Reinhardt put down a tip as I waited by the door. We were met by the cool night air as I opened up the glass door, walking along the sidewalk as we talked about the worst drinks we ever had. Reinhardt admitted to having a cherry margarita that was just too strong for his liking, making me break out in laughter just picturing a tiny margarita glass in his giant hands. When we got to the 7/11, we bought some of our favorite snacks with two bulb lights. I decided to save the beer and snacks for when we got to the park, and Reinhardt dug into his bag of Cheetos. He complained about his fingers being covered in Cheeto dust. We got into the park, it being rather quiet and peaceful. No children running around or dogs barking, just some streetlights and benches. Reinhardt and I sat on one of the metal benches, popping off the tin caps and taking a swig out of the bottle.

"Now that tastes much better!" Reinhardt sighed while I hummed in agreement.

The night sky had less stars out, and no moon in sight. Too bad we don't live in the country, then we could see millions of stars sparkling down on us.

"Do you think we could make any constellations out of any of these stars?"

Reinhardt joins me in looking up at the sky, our eyes trying to line up the dim dots together. "I think I see one." I could feel his smirk.

"Really? What's it called?" I played dumb, already knowing what he was going to say.

"Y/N Wilhelm." My eyes widened, I turned my head back to him to see a tiny box covered in red velvet. A proposal?

"Rein?"

"Y/N, I've been thinking about what I want to do with my life after the war is over. These past couple of months spent with you showed me how amazing a life with you can be. I'd like you to be my husband, so that I can always have those beautiful days with you for as long as I live."

He opened up the box, presenting me with a silver ring that was carved with two lion heads and a white diamond in the middle. My mouth went dry, I was in complete awe over this sudden proposal.

"However, I understand if you are not ready. Marriage is a big ste-"

"Yes!" I said quickly.

"What?" He looked at me in shock.

"I will marry you!" With that said, Reinhardt grabbed onto my waist as he put his lips on mine. This kiss itself was passionate, our hands trying to pull each other closer and closer until we merge into one. As soon as we parted, he slipped the ring on my finger. I admired the way the diamond shined against the streetlight beaming down on us. Reinhardt then explained that this ring was actually something Brigitte made, something I was surprised by. He bought the diamond, and a good choice on his part. We both talk on and on about wedding plans and everything in between. I joked about Reinhardt walking down the aisle in a wedding dress. He laughed, saying that I should wear a veil. Sipping on a bud light, resting my head on Rein's broad shoulder with a ring on my finger. Never in my life did I think I would be grateful for a pint of bad beer.

The End