McCree x Reader: The Beard

Sorry it took me so long to write a fanfic. It was the last week of school before holiday break and I hit writers block. But then I got an idea I just had to write. Enjoy!

Narrator's POV:

Y/N and McCree have been married for three years. They weren't an overwatch agent but they have been there for so long that you were considered as a part of the family.

Y/N's day was pretty average: you got home from work, made dinner, and McCree came home just in time for dinner greeting them with a kiss.

"Good Evening, Y/N. What's for dinner?" He wrapped his arms around Y/N.

"Home fries and steak." He let go of them and you put together his plate of food. McCree went over to the closet, taking of his hat, belt, and serape. He then came over and sat down at the table. Y/N put his plate down with a fork and knife which he happily took.

"Nice of you to cook my favorite meal tonight."

"I live to please." Y/N replied as they sat down across from him, plate in hand. "Anything happen at work today?" They asked.

"Well," his southern voice now sounding nervous, "Just the usual."

"The usual?"

"Yea."

"McCree there is no usual day in overwatch. I've worked as a secretary there for two years, remember?"

"How could I not? You were the most beautiful looking woman at that front desk, darling."

"Jesse what happened at work?"

"I told you, nothing major happened. The team I was on lost and I'm pretty tired."

"Alright, McCree. I'll let you off easy but promise me that you'll tell me what happened tomorrow."

"Of course, Darling." He took our empty plates and began washing dishes. "You know, you were an eye catcher at that front desk way back then."

Y/N got up from the chair and moved towards Jesse. "Really? Is that why you always asked me where the training room was?"

"Maybe."

Y/N laughed and gave him a kiss on the cheek. His beard brushed your cheek, a bit prickly but they loved it.

"I love you."

"Love ya too, sweetheart."

*time skip to next morning*

Y/N woke up to the light from the windows hitting your face. Turning their face to the pillow, they tried to go back to sleep. Then someone started to kiss their cheek, "Wake up, darling, you have work today." 

Opening their eyes, they saw Jesse with no beard.

"WHAT THE FUCK? WHERE'S YOUR BEARD?!" Y/N yelled in shock.

"That's what I didn't tell you yesterday, old Morrison wanted me to shave my beard or else he would keep me off the field. So..."

He touched his smooth chin with a nervous grin. "What do you think?"

Y/N gave him a major death glare. That beard practically made him, and he took pride into that beard. Every week he would trim it a bit and he even conditioned it so it would be less prickly. Now Soldier: 76 made him shave it off because he's too old fashioned? No. This would not stand. They loved that beard too much to let this slide.

"I think I'm going with you to Overwatch."

"Y/N! I-is me not having a beard that bad?"

Y/N turned to Jesse, his hazel eyes full of worry. 

"You look adorable." Y/N then gave him a passionate kiss on the lips. It felt weird because his beard was gone. 

"I'm still going to yell at Jack for making you doing this though."

"Y/N!" he whined.

*Timeskip to overwatch base*

Y/N was like a bolt of lightning, busting down the doors and fast walking their way to Soldier 76's office. McCree walked in behind her, telling her to calm down and that it was no big deal. All of which she ignored. Tracer waved to Y/N before retracting her hand as she saw the fury in their eyes. She whispered to McCree, "What happened to Y/N? The only time I've seen her this angry was when Hanzo and Genji ate all the leftover cookies Angela made."

McCree sighed, "You know how Soldier demanded that I shaved? Well, Y/N's mad at him for it."

"Wow. Soldier is going to be dealing with quite a storm."

"Yep."

McCree continued following Y/N until they go to Morrison's Office. He was stuck waiting outside of the door as he heard muffles of sound coming from the room. This went on for ten minutes but to him it felt like an eternity. McCree let out one last puff from his cigar until the door opened to reveal Y/N with a confident grin on their face.

"What happened?" McCree asked impatiently.

"The usual." Y/N teased.

"Really, Darling? Coming at me with my own words? You're cold." He put his hand on his chest playfully.

"Let's just say you're getting the week off and you don't need to shave off your beard anymore."

McCree gave them a tight hug, "Maybe you could yell at Morrison to get us a paid vacation."

"One step at a time, Jesse." Y/N laughed as McCree showered them in kisses.

The End

Bonus thingy:

McCree without beard:

Like I know there's skins where he doesn't have facial hair but look how weird he looks without it

The End End.