Hanzo x Reader: The Dragon Drinks

Hanzo goes to Sake town and returns to Y/N's house a new man.

Narrator POV:

As Hanzo's girlfriend, Y/N knew that Hanzo wasn't much for affection. He was naturally reserved in nature, always to himself about his past. All for which Y/N respected, but she wouldn't lie that she wished he would show her how much he does care about her. Y/N is always the one to show affection, but it would be nice if he were to show some affection back. Actions do speak louder than words.

And that's where it all began.

In Y/N's shared apartment, she sat down reading her favorite book until she heard a knock at the door. She knew who it was. Hanzo decided to go out drinking with his co-workers from Overwatch tonight, something he wouldn't do normally. Genji had to convince him hardcore to get him to come with. It's only been four hours since Hanzo's been gone, and now here he was outside the door. Y/N puts a bookmark in her book, gets up from the couch, and walks over to the door. As she opened the door, she greeted him:

"Good evening, Han-" Y/N's eyes looked at her boyfriend being carried by McCree and Reinhardt.

"Good evenin' to you too, Y/N. Mind us coming in?"

"...Um not at all." 

McCree and Reinhardt walk in and place Hanzo on the couch.

"What...What happened?" Y/N asked.

"He got flat out drunk. Ended up taking a nap at the bar after he went crazy saying he needed to protect his princess or something. Called himself 'the dragon' and spoke in third person." McCree laughed.

"He bounced on tables and chairs, going as far as to taking other people's food and surrounding it at one table. Once he gathered all the food, he stood guard and bit anyone that came near him." Reinhardt added.

Y/N looked at Hanzo's face, sleepy and calm, as he laid unconscious on the couch. "Are you sure that's Hanzo? He seems more like the designated driver than the one that gets flat out drunk like that."

"Never underestimate a Shimmada, Y/N. Heavens knows, he might wake up again and 'unleash the dragon' on you." McCree and Reinhardt say their goodbyes and head out of the apartment, almost in a rush. Y/N retrieved her book and sat on a comfy armchair, continuing on from where she left off. Her eyes would trail off the page to check on Hanzo every few pages, she couldn't help but wonder what Reinhardt and McCree described could be her grumpy boyfriend. As she continued onto the next chapter, she looked above her page to see a vacant couch Hanzo once laid on. "Where-" Y/N mumbled before her eyes met Hanzo criss cross apple sauce on the floor with his hands crossed behind his chest. His cheeks were pink from the booze and his face was stern. 

"Han, what are you doing on the floor?" Y/N tried to hold back a giggle.

"The Dragon must protect his princess from intruders." he stated, still as a statue.

"Well, they weren't wrong about the Dragon and the third person thing." Y/N thought.

Suddenly her stomach growled, Hanzo jumping up from his sitting position at the noise. 

"The Dragon hears something! Is it an Intruder?" He puts both arms around her securely, his head turning left and right.

Y/n giggled, "It's just my stomach, Hanzo. Can you let me go so I can get a snack?" She tries to get out of Hanzo's grasp but he holds onto her tighter.

"Hanzo I'm serious." Y/N's tone more demanding.

"The Dragon thinks it's unsafe for his Princess to go out on their own. The Dragon will go get her a snack."