26

Suggested Music:
(Slip Away -Ruelle)

NOW- As we headed back towards the fields Daryl looked over at me

NOW-
As we headed back towards the fields Daryl looked over at me. "She'll be fine with us.." he said referring to the girl we had taken in. "I know.." I said with a smile. "You've stopped a war from startin', you got our people back together.. this is all you Beth." He said looking around the group of people who walked ahead of us, our feet crushing the grass below us. "This is all us." I said smiling again, "The fair will be back up and running, this will do so much good for each community." Henry said to me with a smile so wide.
the two ahead of us stopped, their eyes staring at whatever was ahead, then I remembered that Alpha had warned us where she drew the line between them and us, a border she had called it, One that separated us. She had said we would see it when we left, and like she said, up ahead was whatever she had. I hoped off the horse I was riding and walked past Henry and Lydia, who both slowly slid off their horse Daryl came behind me to see what had stopped us, there were spikes with decapitated heads on them, Once i was close enough to till who some of these people were my heart stopped. Daryl grabbed my arm stopping me from getting any closer. As if he was protecting me from them..

Hilltop, Alexandria, The Kingdom, The Sanctuary, all of our people were mutilated and put up like a piece of art to threaten us, to scare us. My eyes looked over the faces I knew, anger rising in my chest: Olivia, Tammy, Luke, Louie, Amber, A couple saviors and people from the Kingdom, then Carol.. seeing her made my heart ache, not just for me but for Daryl and Henry. I could Henry begin to cry as he looked at his adopted mother's head, his cries filling their silence in the air. "Momma!" He cried out loud as he put his face into the inside of his elbow. Then my eyes met the very last two, I could hear Lydia gasp as she covered her mouth in complete shock. I felt my entire body go completely numb, it felt like the wind had been knocked out of me. "Beth..." Daryl whispered his voice rough. My lips parted slightly as if I was about to call out her name but nothing came out..

Maggie.. It felt like my stomach was in my chest, my heart completely shattered. I couldn't feel anything, I couldn't say anything, I slid my knife out of my holster and stared at the walker my sister had became. "You don't have to do this.." Lydia said. "We can do-" I interrupted her "no!" I said, my hands shook as I lifted the knife, the tears clouding my vision as I placed my left hand on the back of Maggie's head. I placed my forehead onto hers as she snapped only inches away from my face, the tears ran down my cheek and on to her. "I love you." I whispered as I jerked the knife into the underside of her head. I closed my eyes, the tears streaming down my face. Then just screamed, my ears ringing, my face soaking wet from the tears.. I couldn't hear anything, I couldn't see anything, only red, I couldn't feel anything but pain, and anger. When my voice couldn't take anymore, the screams no longer came out, I just weeped, Daryl's arms wrapped around me so tightly as he pulled my away from her. My legs finally gave out as my body began to fall like blocks being knocked down, Daryl kept his arms wrapped around me as he fell down with me. I screamed at the top of my lungs, the tears swelling in my eyes, Daryl sniffled as he mourned over our lost ones, he tried his best to be strong for me, but he was hurting too. Henry stood their, his eyes shut as tears ran down his face, Daryl quickly took off his vest and placed it over Maggie's corpse. I looked down at my hands that dug into the ground, my tears dripping on the grass. My chest rising and falling so heavily, I could feel my body moving. "Get her back to Hilltop, we will get the rest of them down, send word to the communities.." Daryl commanded as he looked over the faces he knew just as well as I did. Lydia grabbed Henry and helped him back on to their horse and quickly rode off.