32

Suggested Music:
(Outrunning Karma -Alec Benjamin)

Daryls POV:
Daryl wrote on the small piece of paper, he then folded it and shoved it into his back pocket. He knew that what had happened at Hilltop wasn't going to be the last, and it made him wonder what was occurring in the other communities. He opened up the trailer door and walked over to a man in armor watching the gates. The lady was no longer there and neither was the body. "It was taken care of." The man said. "Yeah.. I need somethin' else taken care of." Daryl said as he slid the letter out of his pocket and into the mans hand. "I need you to take this to The Kingdom, be quick." Daryl told the man, he nodded his head and quickly went to ready a horse for his travels, Daryl helped him and opened up the gates, he watched the man ride the horse down the dirt path until he was no longer in his sight. The sun was slowly starting to rise, everyone else slowly waking up, he closed the gates and looked at the puddle of blood.

Beths POV:
I sat in a chair staring at the magazines sitting on the coffee table in front of her, two men in suits stood behind the desk holding their weapons, they didn't move, or speak or did anything that was actually normal. I felt nervous, they made me feel uncomfortable as i fidgeted in my seat. The door finally creeped open as the woman walked in. "Mrs. Greene." She said as she formally walked to me, shaking my hand. "I'm Amy Striff, force's officer here at Commonwealth. It's very good to meet you, I got to meet Maggie before she left to pay you a visit, I'm very sorry for your loss. I must ask.. what brought you here?" She asked me. I sat up in my seat as she mentioned my sisters name, I looked over at the two men who stood there still. "My nephew.. he's still here." I softly said. "Ah.. of course. Hershel, I understand your reasoning to come. Do you plan to stay? Or do you plan to leave with the boy? Now.. I must say, The commonwealth is a very safe and sturdy zone, I wouldn't recommend leaving." She said. "I.. I have family back in Virginia, a home, I believe that where my nephew belongs." I said. The woman lifted her head then slowly nodded it. "Then I completely understand, but we do offer you, your friend and son a stay here. If you are anything like Maggie, then we are more then happy to have you." She said. "Thank you, but thats not necessary." I said. "You are the leader of hilltop, correct?" She asked, her question threw me off, how did she know that? "Correct." I said, my brows lowering on my face. She began to write down a couple things on a notepad on her desk. "Have you ever had any medical experience?" She asked. "Yes.." I replied. "And you are good with politics? As you are a leader of a community, you must know how to keep your community working in a functional, and safe matter? Correct?" She asked. "Correct." I wasn't sure where she was going with this, all these questions made me question what her intentions were. "Beth, we are a growing safe zone, one that will prosper and be a future for this world, we offered Maggie a position here, to help spread this. And we'd still like to offer that position, but to you. Her sister." The woman said. "I know this information is a lot, especially when you little knowledge about the Commonwealth, but I'm sure, this is a offer you'd want to take." She slowly stood up and walked around her desk, she leaned against it and smiled. "Are you interested?" She asked.

Daryls POV:
"I need to go back to Alexandria." Daryl told Tara and Aaron who both looked at him as if he had lost his mind. "What? You just got here Daryl." Aaron said to him. "Hilltop needs you Daryl, we can't afford to lose anyone else." Tara said. "Hilltop needs more then just me.. what happened last night, will happen again." He mumbled. "You leaving will only make it worse." Tara said. "I won't be gone long, need to speak with someone." Daryl said as he fixed the book bag on his back. "Michonne already made her mind up." Aaron said. "I'm not talkin' about Michonne." Daryl then said. Aaron lowered his eyes at him, then he seemed to tense up. "To Negan?" He asked. Daryl nodded his head slightly. "What makes you think he's gonna help us? Or help at all? No." Tara said. "We ain't got much of a choice, I dunno' what he'll do, but we have little to no options left, most he can do is put us out our misery before Alpha leads her people and the dead into our homes." Daryl said. Tara and Aaron sat there quiet, they didn't have the right words to say, they knew Negan was capable of many things, but they didn't trust him, and they sure as hell didn't forgive him. "Look Daryl, we trust you, more then we trust anyone else, and if you think he'll have a solution.. then okay. Go." Aaron stood up and gave him a nod. Daryl didn't need to hear anything else, he turned on his heels and headed for the door but before he could leave he heard Aaron say one more thing. "But think about Beth.. Rick, think about what they would want, what they would do." Aaron then proceeded to say. Daryl turned his head to look at Aaron, he paused for a second. Thinking. "They would've done this." He then said as he pushed open the door and headed out. He took the first he seen and asked the woman on top to open up the gates, she looked confused at first but then agreed to it. "Where are you going?" The woman asked him. "To Alexandria." Daryl replied as he kicked off the horse and began to ride full speed.

The ride to Alexandria was as quick as Daryl could possibly make it. As soon as he reached the gates he could see Rositas head pop up. "Daryl?" She said then she smiled. She quickly hopped down and opened the gate, Gabriel behind her. "It's good to see you." Rosita said as he hoped off the horse and took her into a hug. "How's the baby?" He asked her looking at her stomach. "Well." She said as she rubbed her belly. "What brings you back so soon? Is everything alright at Hilltop?" Gabriel asked. "It's holdin' up." Daryl said as the sight of a young girl caught his attention. Judith stood there she didn't smile at him, she looked upset with him. Daryl walked towards her and got down on his knee to talk to her. "Hi little ass kicker." He softly said. "Hi uncle Daryl.. you comin' back just to leave again?" She sarcastically asked. "Not this time." He said with a smirk. "Let's take a walk." He said as he slowly stood up, and lead her on a stroll around Alexandria. The first few minutes of their walk was quiet, neither of them talking, Judith let out a small sigh before starting up a conversation. "Are you here because something happened?" She asked. "I am." Daryl told the truth. "Is hilltop in trouble again?" Judith asked looking up at him from the side of her eyes. "I dunno.." He told her, they stopped at the lake, sat on the dock and continued to talk. "You trust Negan? Don't you Judith?" Daryl asked. "I do, at least I think I do." She told him. "Why?" Daryl asked. "Because.. he's human too, he's told me the truth no matter what I've asked, just like you Daryl." Judith told him as she looked over at him. "You think I could?" He asked. "Could trust Negan." Daryl added. Judith turnt her body to look at Daryl, her eyebrows furrowed. "You can trust anyone if you allow yourself to." She softly said, pushing her knees up to her chest. "Are you going to let Negan out?" She then asked. Daryl unconsciously shrugged his shoulders like a child would when asked a question. "I dunno'." He simply said. "People have been fighting here too, My mom has been trying her best to keep things calm.. but they turnt away from her." Judith said. "Same thing is happenin' at Hilltop." Daryl said looking at the little girl. "That's why you need Negan? Right? I thought it too.. about letting him out. You can trust Negan, if you didn't think you could you wouldn't have came here." Judith told him, Daryl stared at the girl before looking away from her. She was right, Daryl could tell the good and bad in people from a mile away, he knew Negan was capable of bad, but he also knew Judith. "What would me dad do?" Judith then asked. Daryl trusted her instincts as much as he trusted Ricks. "I think he'd do exactly what your doin'." He knew what Rick would do, Rick somehow always knew what to do next, sometimes he was wrong, sometimes he did things that pissed him and others off, but he always did what was right for his family. Daryl knew what he came here to do. "Your mom might be mad." Daryl told her. "I know." She then said with a small smile. Daryl smiled back at her before getting up and helping the girl up to her feet. "Thank you little ass kicker." He said putting a hand in her hat and pushing it forward covering her eyes, she chuckled as she adjusted her hat and smiled big and wide at him.